• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a chicken coop!

tybo480

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
86   1
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the cheapest way to put together a chicken coo or even have one for trade? I was just offered 12 chicks and don't even know where to begin. How long do i have to make a coop. They are in a box now. They were supposed to be shipped to a family member in ohio but were shipped here to Ga

Google "chicken tractor"

Easiest set up. Could build one out of scrap
Lumber and chicken wire in an afternoon.

If they are really young chicks... Garage in a box for a few weeks. Or at least until they can not fall into the water feeder and drowned.

what kind of chickens are they? the eatin kind or the layin kind? that will make a difference. if they're egg layers, you'll want a pretty good amount of space if you're going to keep them locked up all the time, you can get a way with a bit less if you're going to let them free range during the day. if they're for eatin, you wont need as much space because you only need to keep them alive and healthy for a couple months.

I think they are the laying kind? 2 welsummer, 3 auracanas, 4 cuckoo marans, 3 wyandotte. I can keep 8 in cherokee i found out. How much space will 8 egg layers need for a coop? My backyard is large, about 50'x30' and is fenced

I just said i would take them, i guess im in for an adventure now. Thanks for your help, im sure im going to have tons pf questions coning up in the coming weeks

Back
Top Bottom