• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a Jeep Mechanic - Cobb

jwhited

Default rank 5000+ posts
Smelly Pirate Hooker
169   0
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 that I need some work done on. I need an experienced, honest mechanic that won't BS me. It's a 6-speed with 110,xxx miles.

1. It's been tough putting the transmission in gear. I have to jam really hard on the clutch pedal to disengage the clutch.

2. I'm losing coolant. My reservoir has gone dry a couple of times and I've noticed the smell of antifreeze in the last week or so.

3. I probably need a brake job.

Any recommendations?

Mike the mechanic on 92 in Woodstock or up in Canton on Tonigh. I think he has a new one on Bells Ferry. Honest as the day is long and reasonable. Been going to him for years.

first off number 2 is head gaskets, those motors are bad about blowing head gaskets and I would say 99.9 % that you need head gaskets.

Any recommendations?

Trade it in..........

jwhited... I can help you with the brake job and tracking down the coolant leak.

Not a mechanic, but both of those are mindless and typically very quick tasks.

I change my brakes about every 10k miles on my Wrangler since mud, rocks and dirt routinely get up in there and scrape up the rotors.

Cost for a do it yourself brake job should run under $60 bucks and take about 20 minutes per side. That includes mid range pads and resurfaced rotors.

For the coolant leak... look at the top seal and bottom seal of the radiator, radiator drain plug, then check your hose clamps, and finally squeeze the hoses to if there are any cracks/dry rot etc.

If there are no leaks in top/bottom seal or crack in hoses, I typcially pull the hoses, clean the inside of the hoses and the out side of the radiator where the hoses mount and then reinstall. If the clamp seems loose, they are cheap to replace.

if your top or bottom radiator seal is leaking, then it get much more expensive very quickly. Still an easy replacement, just an expensive part and a semi messy job.

Either way... glad to help out if you are interested. I always do my own work... except on transmissions.

first off number 2 is head gaskets, those motors are bad about blowing head gaskets and I would say 99.9 % that you need head gaskets.

Any recommendations?

Trade it in..........
That was my thought as well. Friend got a free replacement motor from jeep, but 99% aren't that lucky.

Back
Top Bottom