• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a ls motor

Interesting, mines just a regular th400, but I had it built by a local transmission shop with all of the best race goodies you can stuff into it.

I have done a lot of round track dirt and drag,,I started with power glides at the strip..Just a two speed, then the years passed, and they went from 1/4 mile to 1,000 and the 8th. The one transmission I liked was the one I pulled out of a big block 69 chevy...It had a deep pan stock, Turbo 400 that was bullet proof..I was later told that it was a 425 tubo only available with a early model big block truck.

I almost went with a glide, but I like the streetability of the 3 speed

There's a guy up in Dalton that continually advertises on Craigslist, usually very reasonable. Most of the LQ4s he has listed are $700 for the complete engine and harness which ain't bad. I bought a complete engine that was burnt on top as a core for $150 from Crest in Cartersville and rebuilt it for a friend after Tommy Goza did the machine work (.030 over and cleanup). Made killer numbers on the stock 317s (milled and with stock gasket was .038 quench @ 10.7:1). If you're not opposed to running a 4L80e, I've got one disassembled and cleaned, ready for a rebuild that I'll let go cheap as well. They are great motors for sure, I bought 3 full pullouts from a guy in Mississippi for a steal and did transplants for some buddies.

Anybody have or know where I can find a 6.0 ls gm engine? All I really need is a block, since I'm looking to build a 408. Oh and a wiring harness would be great too! I have cash and guns, if it's an ODT'r I'll make sure the deal is in their favor.
Thanks in advance guys.
hate to say it but craigs list in camaro section has a bunch of LS motors

Back
Top Bottom