• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a new engine in a 2006 Dodge Hemi

Good luck. Those motors arent cheap.
Screenshot_20180315-094515.png

One of my guys wanted to test his theory that a Dodge Hemi could drive 732 miles with no oil. He was wrong and I lost. We need to put a new/reman/used engine in the truck. It is a work truck and so far the prices I have been quoted are more than the truck is worth. Any ODTers that can help with this? I am in Cherokee County but am willing to haul it.

With the age of the truck, an average reman installed will easily cost at or above the value of the truck, esp with a trashed engine.

Don't forget, incidentals like belts, hoses, plugs, filters, thermostat, antifreeze, waterpump, etc will be several hundred bucks, and they have to be replaced no mater what engine you get.

Replacing the engine will be cheaper than a new truck. Do It.

My recollection of the car bidness is customers don't care about total cost, it is all about the monthly payments.

It is far easier to finance a car/truck purchase than it is to finance repairs on one.

Maybe. But financing a new truck for 6 yrs is a pain in the A**.
In 97 I replaced a 360 in a Ram 1500 and it had 230K on it when I sold it,for 2K less than it cost me 10 yrs earlier.
JMO

One of my guys wanted to test his theory that a Dodge Hemi could drive 732 miles with no oil. He was wrong and I lost. We need to put a new/reman/used engine in the truck. It is a work truck and so far the prices I have been quoted are more than the truck is worth. Any ODTers that can help with this? I am in Cherokee County but am willing to haul it.

I don't know why people don't learn how to do things. I have always serviced my own vehicles in my spare time. I have bought 3 vehicles with engine problems, 2 of which were locked down from running out of oil. You might only need a new crankshaft and rods if yours can't be repaired in a machine shop. Even a bent crankshaft can be repaired by turning all the journals and elongated rods can have the caps shaved and then re-bored.

Back
Top Bottom