• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a new locking EDC

poolecw

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
7   0
Reaction score
I'm in a mess! Within the last couple of months I've lost two of my favorite locking pocket knives. So now I'm in the market for something new and wanted to reach out to the group for some recommendations. Here's my criteria. I hope you guys can point me to some good options.

Less than $50
Quality steel that will hold an edge
Drop point style blade (will be used as back up skinner and fish cleaner)
Thin
Pocket clip
Easy open (doesn't have to be assist)

In a nutshell, what's the best out there for less than $50? I like the looks of the CRKT M21-12G but I don't know about the AutoLAWKS safety system....seems like an extra hassle. I've also looked at the Camillus Cuda Carbonitride Titanium. I like the Japanese AUS-8 steel but aren't don't know much about Camillus. I know they went out of business years about but was recently brought back to life under new ownership.

So, what say the hive?

I'm in a mess! Within the last couple of months I've lost two of my favorite locking pocket knives. So now I'm in the market for something new and wanted to reach out to the group for some recommendations. Here's my criteria. I hope you guys can point me to some good options.

Less than $50
Thin
Pocket clip

In a nutshell, what's the best out there for less than $50? I like the looks of the CRKT M21-12G but I don't know about the AutoLAWKS safety system....seems like an extra hassle. I've also looked at the Camillus Cuda Carbonitride Titanium. I like the Japanese AUS-8 steel but aren't don't know much about Camillus. I know they went out of business years about but was recently brought back to life under new ownership.

So, what say the hive?

I have a couple you might be interested in. Should I PM you?

Kershaw....they have dozens of good models around your price range. If you are using it for a fish cleaner, I'd get a combo edge with serrations(works well as a de-scale tool)

For something new, budK has the Zacundo for $29.99
It is ESEE's drop point folder, like a folding Kephart blade.
Black scales and choice of black or bare metal 3" blade.

Kershaw....they have dozens of good models around your price range. If you are using it for a fish cleaner, I'd get a combo edge with serrations(works well as a de-scale tool)
Last two I bought I got on E Bay for less than $20 shipped. Fantastic knives!

Less than $50
Thin
Pocket clip

So, what say the hive?

If you are going to continue to lose them.. ..... go to Home Depot in the tool section and get the folding Milwaukee fastback. It is cheap holds an edge. It is red so you can find it easy and you can buy four for just over $50.00 I lost 2 Kershaws in 6 months and now I have had this one 3 months and my diamond hone keeps it like a razor with no trouble at all....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom