• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a reloader?

HairlessBigfoot

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
So I've got a buddy who is getting into reloading, and he informed me that you don't have anyone reload for you unless you really trust them, so that you won't lose a hand from an overloaded round. I'd trust him to do it for me but he isn't quite set up yet and he is very unexperienced, so he wouldn't be comfortable reloading for me till he did atleast 400rds first and shot it. That could take a while...

I figured the best option would be to see if there is a very extremely experienced ODT'er on here that could reload .45acp and .223/5.56 for me for a cheaper price with the brass I save.
it gets pretty expensive buying ammo as a college student ha

anyone willing or know a guy? I'm located in statesboro ga at Georgia southern.

thanks

Not only would I not get reloads from anyone else (except when my Dad was alive, he taught me) but I don't give/sell my reloads to anyone either. Too much liability. ANY MALFUNCTION, gun/shooter/case/powder ....anything ...and you will automatically be the blaming the load or be the blame if you loaded it. Lawsuit waiting to happen.
IMO I would wait until your friend loads and shoots way more than 400 rounds before I would shoot them. Idk your friend and he may be the most attentative person in the world...but that's just my opinion.

Is that only to ensure I am responsible If a mistake is made?

Yes we are all human and mistakes happen. It only takes one to create a squib or overcharge

I have reloaded and shot thousand of my own rounds but I am very cautious to stop and check any abnormally in the loading process or any variation when shooting the ammo.

I made many no powder and different light loads and tested in my gun so I would know what to look for and how to react to each issue if it were to occur. Also use automatic powder check on my presses.

Reloading saves money and is a great hobby in itself but should not be taken lightly.
It easy to say I will not hold you liable for you reload error until you there is some kind of accident.
If your going to shoot reloads be sure you understand all the issues.

Not only would I not get reloads from anyone else (except when my Dad was alive, he taught me) but I don't give/sell my reloads to anyone either. Too much liability. ANY MALFUNCTION, gun/shooter/case/powder ....anything ...and you will automatically be the blaming the load or be the blame if you loaded it. Lawsuit waiting to happen.
IMO I would wait until your friend loads and shoots way more than 400 rounds before I would shoot them. Idk your friend and he may be the most attentative person in the world...but that's just my opinion.

I agree with your opinion

Well damn, alright thanks guys, just trying to figure out the cheapest way to shoot and afford it while in college.

Learn to reload.... If you have the spare time and a little cash upfront get the Lee Classic Setup and it comes with almost everything needed to reload. Or find some buddies and buy in bulk once a year.

Back
Top Bottom