• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need a reloader?

The calibers you are talking about are pretty easy to load safely. But, the main reason that I do not want to load for other people is because it just isn't that much fun when doing it for others.

I load pistol calibers to save money and rifle calibers for accuracy. If I am not pulling the trigger, it dosen't interest me.

I am always willing to help out a new guy that lives near me, but only if I think that they will buy there own equiptment once they know what is involved.

The good news is: if you do buy the eqiptment, you will eventually save some money. The all in one kits are on sale every now and then.

How expensive approx would you say it would be to get started reloading .45acp and .223/5.56?

Start with Single stage press
around 100
Tumbler 60
Scale 30-100
Calipers 30-100
separator for after tumble 50
and dies 40 -80

So less than the cost of a case of 556 or 45

saving is around 40% on 45ACP not sure on 556 I don't shoot those fast 22s but I do do blackout plinkers for about .27 ea

Cost is fairly low for those two, and there are two ways to go

1) Lee Classic Loaders (uses a hammer, no press required), a funnel, a set of dippers, and a scale. Benefits are they take up a very small amount of space and for minimal cost you can learn how to reload and if you actually like to. Dies can be had through fleecebay for around $25 each, the dipper set is very cheap, and buy a good scale (I like digital, others like balance. Only difference is digital is fast, balance doesn't need power - IMHO). You of course need to provide a hammer, powder, bullets and primers. (NOTE - the classic loader works if you're shooting a bolt action 223, it only neck sizes)

2) A Lee Reloader Single stage Press ($30), die sets ($25 or so), primer set of some kind, powder funnel, lube, etc....

Cost is fairly low for those two, and there are two ways to go

1) Lee Classic Loaders (uses a hammer, no press required), a funnel, a set of dippers, and a scale. Benefits are they take up a very small amount of space and for minimal cost you can learn how to reload and if you actually like to. Dies can be had through fleecebay for around $25 each, the dipper set is very cheap, and buy a good scale (I like digital, others like balance. Only difference is digital is fast, balance doesn't need power - IMHO). You of course need to provide a hammer, powder, bullets and primers. (NOTE - the classic loader works if you're shooting a bolt action 223, it only neck sizes)

2) A Lee Reloader Single stage Press ($30), die sets ($25 or so), primer set of some kind, powder funnel, lube, etc....

Alright I won't be shooting a bolt action, I've got an AR.
So I guess I need to hunt down a lee reloader single stage press?

You can do what I'm doing... save my brass until I decide to reload, or decide reloading isn't for me. I've got a couple 5 gallon buckets full of 380, 9, 45, 5.56, 30-06

Back
Top Bottom