• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice from you bass pros

So it seems the concensus is soft plastics with weight. Have tried plastics, but not with weight. I'll try this weekend and let yall know. Also live bait on a bobber won't work because the catfish are aggressive and won't leave it alone.
Thanks for all the responses. If I do catch one I'll give him a big Bill Dance kiss for yall.

So it seems the concensus is soft plastics with weight. Have tried plastics, but not with weight. I'll try this weekend and let yall know. Also live bait on a bobber won't work because the catfish are aggressive and won't leave it alone.
Thanks for all the responses. If I do catch one I'll give him a big Bill Dance kiss for yall.

If the bass don't get a live minnow b4 the cats you ain't got no bass.

Have you tried top water at dusk? Or have you tried just sitting on the bank and watching for a long time? I have a small 2 acre pond that has had similar issues but I have been fortunate to not lose too many fish from the dry spell.
Anyway I've had a bunch of top water action over the past couple weeks in the evenings and in the mornings I've done well with either a worm or a soft craw-critter. And don't be afraid to go small on the tackle. When I don't get strikes right off the bat on the larger baits I switch to small and things usually change. But when they are keyed in on big baits the small baits get ignored.
Spin baits have worked some and baitfish patterns have worked some too but nothing like the previously mentioned.

Crickets work great. Caught a lot of 1-2 pounders at Hartwell last weekend with them. They also are taking them at my buddy's 2 acre pond.

Back
Top Bottom