• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need barrel advice

If you're about yo drop $300 on a match barrel, go a little extra and get the real deal from Compass Lake Engineering. You won't regret it.
Compass lake is ligit. I believe they make Rock River Arms or BCM barrels. I know they make one or the other. Yes!!!! I second this motion. Compass Lake makes fine, fine barrels. Not really anywhere to go from there but down. There are equals but very few. Krieger and Shilen are also up there in thier league.

I was looking at Shilen last night for my current build and they provide the properly headspaced bolt with your choice of barrel. Shilen barrel set up's are just a hair over 400 and really that's not a lot for a good barrel. Plus the accuracy you get with a bolt mated to that barrel.

freedom freedom has a Bergara barrel on an AR and I've seen him shoot quite well with it. Considering some of their lightweight barrels myself.

http://shop.bergarausa.com/pc_combined_results.asp?pc_id=A3EAEBF5DC9746B29F9CF3FA2D7AAB52

Criterion, can't go wrong.
Compass Lake is good too.

White Oak - no go, poor experience with them and customer service sucks but your experience might be better.

I don't see mine listed, but I paid about 2 for it. If those shoot as well, they're a real bargain.

If Bergara is the Manufacturer I am thinking about, one of the shooting shows on the Outdoor channel did a short review on camera about them. They are a small outfit that started in black powder barrels and expanded it out from there. There barrels are not rolled of an assembly line. Each is done one at a time and crafted with pricision in mind. Very reasonably priced and built for longevity and accuracy. If it's the place I am talking about though I haven't tried one they should be a good company to go with. However I could have sworn they were up near Dalton, Calhoun region. I could be wrong about the location but yeah if it's indeed them they should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom