• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Fresh Milk

81433AD

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
92   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have a line on where I may get a hold of some fresh milk? I'm wanting to start making cheese, but I need fresh milk to do it right. Thanks in advance.

Carlton Farms out in Rockmart. Went on a field trip with one of my kids a couple years ago there. They sold raw milk "For animal consumption only" meaning it wasn't pasteurized. It's a medium sized family farm ran by nice folks. I bet they'd line you up.
Thank you!

Holy ****balls!!
I'd call them and make sure not to order it off their site. Last I remember their milk was about regular high priced milk price and not $40 a gallon like on the site.
I brought home a couple gallons and I'm not one to buy a $40 gallon of milk, or even a $10 gallon of milk. I'm more of a <$5 a gallon kind of guy

How much is a gallon of milk now? I haven't personally bought milk in a long time. **** better not be anywhere close to $40 a gallon, my kids will just drink Flavor Aid (Ghetto cool aid)

I've bought it in South Carolina before directly from a farm. I guess it's not illegal there like it is in Georgia.

in Georgia, it can't be sold for human consumption, IIRC. We use to have a Jersey when all my sons were home, and they would go thru 6 to 8 gallons of milk a week. We still gave that stuff away, fed it to the hogs after it went bad, and generally were over run with it.

Owning and working a milk cow is a lot of work and an everyday chore X2

in Georgia, it can't be sold for human consumption, IIRC. We use to have a Jersey when all my sons were home, and they would go thru 6 to 8 gallons of milk a week. We still gave that stuff away, fed it to the hogs after it went bad, and generally were over run with it.

Owning and working a milk cow is a lot of work and an everyday chore X2
Your kids would go through 6-8 gallons a week ? Or am i not reading that right?
Is that how much they used or how much the cow would produce ?

Back
Top Bottom