• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Fresh Milk

Does anyone have a line on where I may get a hold of some fresh milk? I'm wanting to start making cheese, but I need fresh milk to do it right. Thanks in advance.
Fresh milk contains enough bacteria that the dairy farmers don't drink it. I understand about the cheese making though. Maybe store bought will work if you add renin.
I did some work for a dairy long time ago. Watched them change the filters between the cows & the plate cooler. It was ten years before I could even think about drinking milk.
Oh God it's nasty.

How are you doing anyway ? You getting along ok ?
Very well my friend, just one day at a time. I've learned that no matter how bad something is, there's always someone who has a tougher situation. I thought my back and leg issues were tough until I met a man with no legs (bearpugh) who was always happy with a positive attitude..

Very well my friend, just one day at a time. I've learned that no matter how bad something is, there's always someone who has a tougher situation. I thought my back and leg issues were tough until I met a man with no legs (bearpugh) who was always happy with a positive attitude..
Heck yeah !!
i am sort of in the same bag….i just had a complete knee replacement. It has been a tough road so far…i need the other one done too and it is painful. So here i am hobbling around, feeling a little down - ya know?
So one of my best friends i have known 50 yrs, literally, calls and says he has to come up to Nside hospital for a spine surgeon to look at his problem, wanted to come see me and stay with us a day or two instead of a hotel. Of course i was ecstatic to see my friend. He lives down in Thomaston area and i am in Cobb.
He comes up…i find out he has been out of work for months, no pay yet, about to get evicted, cant afford groceries. He has never faced anything like this before. He has a collapsed vertebrae , deteriorated disc. Needs a fusion and nerve ablation.
The docs and PAs at these ‘pain clinics’ are liberal as hell… nobody gives pain pills anymore to the level that it helps. They give you one or two pills a day and tell you not to take Tylenol or Motrin because of your kidneys or liver . It is clear the situation calls for something much stronger and more in terms of times per day.
It is temporary relief, after all.
The point is….yes you are correct. There is someone always worse off than you.
Me ? I am on the mend….still hurting but on the way to a better life :)

Heck yeah !!
i am sort of in the same bag….i just had a complete knee replacement. It has been a tough road so far…i need the other one done too and it is painful. So here i am hobbling around, feeling a little down - ya know?
So one of my best friends i have known 50 yrs, literally, calls and says he has to come up to Nside hospital for a spine surgeon to look at his problem, wanted to come see me and stay with us a day or two instead of a hotel. Of course i was ecstatic to see my friend. He lives down in Thomaston area and i am in Cobb.
He comes up…i find out he has been out of work for months, no pay yet, about to get evicted, cant afford groceries. He has never faced anything like this before. He has a collapsed vertebrae , deteriorated disc. Needs a fusion and nerve ablation.
The docs and PAs at these ‘pain clinics’ are liberal as hell… nobody gives pain pills anymore to the level that it helps. They give you one or two pills a day and tell you not to take Tylenol or Motrin because of your kidneys or liver . It is clear the situation calls for something much stronger and more in terms of times per day.
It is temporary relief, after all.
The point is….yes you are correct. There is someone always worse off than you.
Me ? I am on the mend….still hurting but on the way to a better life :)
I'm in a similar situations as your friend except I've already had 1 fusion and now need 2 more but the major damage is done and not reversible. I'll definitely live, at least until I don't, then I won't care.. its tough but I can't even get pain meds anymore cause I stopped taking them for a few years.
Heck Brother. I still get around and now have a job with the city so as long as I can, I will work

I'm in a similar situations as your friend except I've already had 1 fusion and now need 2 more but the major damage is done and not reversible. I'll definitely live, at least until I don't, then I won't care.. its tough but I can't even get pain meds anymore cause I stopped taking them for a few years.
Heck Brother. I still get around and now have a job with the city so as long as I can, I will work
It is great you can still work. I have been through the fusion thing a couple of times in the late 80’s early 90’s ….regret both. Rotator cuff thing…4 times with Staph once….Humpteen ‘procedures’ …..blah, blah, blah….it sux.
But you hit a point where you just do what you can do and you cant pine for the days of what you used to could do. If that makes sense ? Lol.
I havent been able to work in a while. I knew it was going to happen one day, just did not think it was going to be so soon ! Bwahahah !! :pound::rofl:

Hey….my wife has taken care of me during recovery of surgery so much that she offered my buddy to just come back here after his for a few days before he had to ride back to Thomaston .

It is great you can still work. I have been through the fusion thing a couple of times in the late 80’s early 90’s ….regret both. Rotator cuff thing…4 times with Staph once….Humpteen ‘procedures’ …..blah, blah, blah….it sux.
But you hit a point where you just do what you can do and you cant pine for the days of what you used to could do. If that makes sense ? Lol.
I havent been able to work in a while. I knew it was going to happen one day, just did not think it was going to be so soon ! Bwahahah !! :pound::rofl:
Yep, we both jacked up..
When I get to the point I can't walk, they will put wheelchair ramps in at the plant for me..

Does anyone have a line on where I may get a hold of some fresh milk? I'm wanting to start making cheese, but I need fresh milk to do it right. Thanks in advance.
Carlton Farms sells it for just over $8.00 a Gallon. Pay with Credit Card or EXACT change in cash. Wifey gets a gallon about every two weeks. It’s in high demand so sometimes they are out but it’s good stuff. I like supporting local Farmers. I know it’s way more than at the store but it’s the least I can do to support these guys.

Carlton Farms sells it for just over $8.00 a Gallon. Pay with Credit Card or EXACT change in cash. Wifey gets a gallon about every two weeks. It’s in high demand so sometimes they are out but it’s good stuff. I like supporting local Farmers. I know it’s way more than at the store but it’s the least I can do to support these guys.
It's up to $8.50 now. I haven't seen any in their store in the last couple of months, but I just checked and they have it in stock again. The cows must finally be "unsynced" now.

Glad to see it, though. Time for me to get some cream for Thanksgiving. Raw butter and whipped cream is the BEST.

Back
Top Bottom