• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need gunsmith to remove squib from Wilson Combat 1911 barrel

hdsailorman

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
66   0
Reaction score
I have a nice Wilson Combat 1911 with a squib almost half way down the barrel. Looking for a competent gunsmith in Gainesville, Buford, NE GA area to CORRECTLY remove it. I know there are u tube videos on using a brass rod, dowel rod, etc but I don't want to take a chance on messing up such a great firearm. Nor do I want some bubba smith with a BFH messing it up either! Its a Wilson Combat....

Any hint of a bulge where it's stuck? Brass rod and brass hammer is your friend, the closer the brass rod is to the bore diameter the better.
No bulge. I knew something was amiss and unloaded the gun so no second round into the squib. Drive it from the chamber toward the muzzle? Just don't want to FU a fine shooter.

No bulge. I knew something was amiss and unloaded the gun so no second round into the squib. Drive it from the chamber toward the muzzle? Just don't want to FU a fine shooter.

There are a couple schools of thought on that. It also depends on how the barrel is cut, some taper slightly and you'd be hammering it into the taper if you go at it from the chamber. I'd wait for an actual gunsmith to reply before you go smacking it with anything.

Back
Top Bottom