• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need gunsmith to remove squib from Wilson Combat 1911 barrel

I'm not a gunsmith, just a cerakote monkey, but local people bring me their guns with squib's all the time. Brass punch and a hammer is my method. I go in the direction of shortest travel. Never had one that was difficult, never had to use a big hammer, my little brass gunsmith hammer works fine.

I have a nice Wilson Combat 1911 with a squib almost half way down the barrel. Looking for a competent gunsmith in Gainesville, Buford, NE GA area to CORRECTLY remove it. I know there are u tube videos on using a brass rod, dowel rod, etc but I don't want to take a chance on messing up such a great firearm. Nor do I want some bubba smith with a BFH messing it up either! Its a Wilson Combat....
Bob Sims with Bobs Custom Guns in Palmetto/Tyrone. Good 1911 smith. Bit of a drive but worth it? Call first to make certain he is there. Tue-Sat if I recall.
I would think if you do it yourself it would be easier to tap from muzzle to chamber. It already traveled through that area and not cutting through new territory. Maybe less resistance. Best of luck that's a nice pistol.

Back
Top Bottom