• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

need help assembling my first ar

rugerceltics13

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
so I've got all the parts. but I've watched the youtube videos and am not confident enough to assemble my ar on my own. who in or near Athens, can help me assemble it? or walk me through it? plus I don't have any tools whatsoever

First time out I did three without any issues. Take your time and rewind the video you like, watch several they all do the same thing in different order.

I would recommend buying a knipex plier and wrapping the jaw with electrical tape. you can easily press or squeeze the pins in without leaving any marks.

8603150-00-1.jpg

the neat thing about these pliers is the jaws always stay parallel.

i still need a vice and a few other things right?
i still need a vice and a few other things right?
I did mine on the kitchen table with knipex and a roll of tape.

Because you can control the pin and how much pressure you apply, your not clamping the lower in a vice and holding a pin, punch, and hammer. Applying pressure is far more controllable than swinging a hammer and holding a punch and hoping the pin doesn't shoot across the room.

Trust me, knipex and tape. No scratches. The videos always show a guy gently smacking the punch. When he gets to the end, he always wipes it with his finger and says "that's not too bad", after his punch mars the surface.

Back
Top Bottom