• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Help. FFL Dealer ran with my Pistol

There's not a single gun store outside National Pawn I can tolerate in Columbus. At least it's not Shooter's, whom I took a gun in to possibly trade for a rifle they had only to be offered 20% of value, less than the seediest pawn shop I know in my area. When I inquired:

"Sir, we sell guns, not buy them."

I looked over at their case of used pistols, pointed, and what a great response: "From people who didn't take the hint."

At the same time, some poor guy was being offered $150 for a boxed M&P Shield. We sell them new for $399, and we gotta make a profit ya know.

Funny how that works out. I was even willing to pay cash for the rifle (a $140 .22 they probably paid $25 for) if the offer amount wasn't high enough, but not when the customer service is like that. They do have cheap range rental fees but that doesn't make up for poor customer service.

Although this is likely a felony, you may try
A warrant application in Muscogee Magistrate
Court. It would be a really good idea to send a letter
demanding the return of the firearm. I would send it
regular mail, and overnight to last known address. Look up
The owner(s) names. They likely be found on
Business license application ,you may want to see who
Signed your receipt, prior transfer, etc. Ga. Secretary of State has their corporate info. You will have to have a
Live person to criminally prosecute. Even if the
Magistrate does not issue a warrant, they likely will send it to a Detective, and it will get quicker attention.
I had bad luck when this little female dog
took several from a relative out of State, and nothing was
happening. It became very apparent that she was some
Detective's favorite little drug snitch. Ok we want pot off the street, but an AK? It is probably going to pop up in the 10-17 K the crazy has in SC, along with a Smith 9mm and a Manhurin that I have been relieved of in the past. BTW,
All were locked down when taken.

****ing assholes. When will these dumbasses learn that you can't fake this ****. Most people who actually served won't wear there class As unless they absolutely have to. I haven't been able to fit in mine for 10+ years now and I don't even know where they are anymore.

ATF called me today and said I could go pick it up from someone who had been hired by the owner to "clear things up". They said the business had been bought out and my stuff mixed up in it, but I think, by the looks of the place someone made a run with some of the stuff.
Right on man.

Maybe your gun is worth a lot more than $800.. When they received it, they probably said "Dang! we've been looking for this gun for decades! We're going to make a fortune off of this national treasure." Or something to that effect.

Back
Top Bottom