• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help identifying M1 Carbine

Take a picture of the receiver right above the chamber.

1650322332942.png

Looks like it has been polished and blued, may be original serial number or not. Recoil Plate is W winchester marked. Barrel Band looks like it may be a cut down Type 3.

I believe it was probably a USGI carbine someone bought cheap in the 50's and sporterized/modified it to their preference.

Reactions: MBC
You may be able to get more info by signing up and posting on the CMP forum, carbines. My guess is that it is a GI carbine with the original serial number removed an a new one it it's place. Rear sight has been altered, but pictures you provided are not good. Also, remove the action from the stock, take pics of trigger housing, bottom of barrel flat, etc. The more pics the better. Lots of carbines over the years have been altered, scoped, bubb'ed, etc. What ever happened to this carbine, if indeed a USGI, has reduced it's value quite a bit. If you want to drive up to Jasper I will break it down for you and give you much more info. Here is a link to the CMP: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?s=44cce83d129feadd7210700c73477e17&f=6

Reactions: MBC
Back
Top Bottom