• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Help with a Digital DMR/Analog UHF/VHF Radio

Floyd is on trunked according to that website. I am assuming that means I am SOL? Gordon however, shows the frequencies but I get nothing. Is this a range issue?

Floyd County looks to be trunked P25, so you need different gear to listen to them. Gordon does appear to still be Analog; could be a programming thing or just range.

A volunteer is uplinking Floyd County:

If you just want to listen without a bunch of tech knowledge; this app with a cheap tablet or old phone on wifi, makes a great "scanner".

I have one of these for that exact purpose:

So using that app, I can pick up on Floyd County and the app says it is coming from 154.370. When I type that in to my radio, I get nothing. I am getting an icon that looks like no signal in the top left corner, but I don't know why that would be.

Attachments

• PXL_20220919_234837315.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220919_234837315.PORTRAIT.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 9
So using that app, I can pick up on Floyd County and the app says it is coming from 154.370. When I type that in to my radio, I get nothing. I am getting an icon that looks like no signal in the top left corner, but I don't know why that would be.

Looks like you need to switch it from DIG to analog. Not sure how that radio lists it. It might say FM, analog or FMN.

Looking closer at the database for Floyd County ""All Agencies have switched to the Rome/Floyd County Public Safety DTRS". There's a very slim chance they still have the analog up, but it's very slim.

Back
Top Bottom