• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with a rivet

An air hammer?? I’m a residential electrician I’ve got a 3/8 and 1/2 hammer drill, I’m good with hammers, punches, and tools in general. Wonder if my hammer drill would work the same as an air hammer?

You take me too seriously. I have no idea how to do this properly. Oh, and I was thinking "sledge".

I would just use the rivet press specifically for that operation. Although, I'm not sure if it's the same as the AK tool or not or if they make one. If they didn't make one commercially available I'd give up. That's just kind of how I roll these days. There was a time when I'd spend an entire day making a tool to do a single $50 job but I just don't have the time these days. It may be a simple set up, but it probably isn't and that's how most things work out. I wish I could be more help but I've never put a VZ-61 together from a kit. If you want to send it over I'll look in my bucket o tools and see if I have something already made up that will work on it but even I'm iffy on that.
Wish I could be more help

I would just use the rivet press specifically for that operation. Although, I'm not sure if it's the same as the AK tool or not or if they make one. If they didn't make one commercially available I'd give up. That's just kind of how I roll these days. There was a time when I'd spend an entire day making a tool to do a single $50 job but I just don't have the time these days. It may be a simple set up, but it probably isn't and that's how most things work out. I wish I could be more help but I've never put a VZ-61 together from a kit. If you want to send it over I'll look in my bucket o tools and see if I have something already made up that will work on it but even I'm iffy on that.

Politics makes a man lazy :behindsofa:

Lol hey man I appreciate your honesty I understand completely. Just talked to lil greg he says he’s got me. The king of making it work haha. Thanks for the response

Politics makes a man lazy :behindsofa:
Quite the opposite. I used to be a man of leisure then I worked myself into a real job. This politicking thing takes up as much time as a full time job too. That's why I'm hard to get on the weekends. I try to unplug and spend time with my family while I still can. Campaign trail is even cutting into that but it's paying off. I have a huge amount of support out here and it keeps growing. I expect to win this thing.

Back
Top Bottom