• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with getting info about this gun and it's value (NEF 454)

Shoots great! I didn't feal a thing, no mark. Lol supposedly this rifle will shoot 460 as well! That doe I shot, jumped 10 feet in the air, did a front flip, landed on its back and didn't move. I'm using it as open sight right now, but that was at 60 yards and it wasn't a pass thru because I shot a bit forward. Both front shoulders were destroyed and the whole chest cavity as well lol. I just really wanted to take something with it. I'll end up using it for hog but probably not deer anymore unless I'm in real thick stuff.
As I expected, good performance. I see you put it up for sale. You'll probably regret it. I've actually seen lever actions in 454. Some sort of repeater would be awesome. Seems the only two things that would be negative is it's not a repeater and the trigger must be crude on that weapon. But for a little single shot, what more could you want. Hmmm, S&W 460?

As I expected, good performance. I see you put it up for sale. You'll probably regret it. I've actually seen lever actions in 454. Some sort of repeater would be awesome. Seems the only two things that would be negative is it's not a repeater and the trigger must be crude on that weapon. But for a little single shot, what more could you want. Hmmm, S&W 460?
Yeah it'll have to be a real nice gun, or something that I really have been wanting for me to get rid of it. Man, I didn't know they made a repeater 454, that's just mental and I want one hahaha. Shooting it wasn't bad at all, didn't hurt my finger. And I think this can shoot 460? Not sure on that tho

Yeah it'll have to be a real nice gun, or something that I really have been wanting for me to get rid of it. Man, I didn't know they made a repeater 454, that's just mental and I want one hahaha. Shooting it wasn't bad at all, didn't hurt my finger. And I think this can shoot 460? Not sure on that tho
It's not marked as it would. I'd really be afraid as the gun wasn't designed for it. It's one thing to go one step up, but that 460 would be a massive amount of pressure. It would certainly be a plus if they'd make one that did. Since someone went to the trouble to ream it out, I wonder if they also did a trigger job on it. It would certainly enhance it

whats the stamping, and numbers on the gun, where you can see when its broke open? did you see that picture?
Yes, reminded me of a wildcat that I built once. 35/444 was stamped on it by the gunsmith, later when 35 Whelan became commercially available I had it converted by reaming out the chamber and changing the bolt face. 35/444 stayed on the barrel but received XXXXX stamped over the numbers 35 Whelan was then stamped under it. I think your gun came from the factory as a 45 Colt, after reaming the additional 4 got added. Currently I have a 30/06 that I've been thinking about have the barrel reamed to 35 Whelan, if I do the same thing will happen, 30/06 will be over stamped and 35 Whelan will be stamped on the barrel.

A bit of reading for you. 11 minutes to ream it.

Back
Top Bottom