• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with getting info about this gun and it's value (NEF 454)

so mines stamped after the fact not from manufacturer? do all 45 colt rifles shoot 454 casull shells?
No. It's like 38spl and 357. The 38 is a shorter cartridge. The 357 is longer to accommodate more powder for more velocity. Same projectile. 45 Colt, 454 Casull and 460 S&W are same diameter, but more powder per step up

I would most certainly get a competent gunsmiths approval before shooting 454 Casull though it.

I think the gun belonged to a reloader and he stamped the extra 4 on there to remind him what diameter bullet to cast for it.

I would most certainly get a competent gunsmiths approval before shooting 454 Casull though it.

I think the gun belonged to a reloader and he stamped the extra 4 on there to remind him what diameter bullet to cast for it.
i had it to my gun shop, they looked it over, cleaned it and told me i was good to go. he was saying hes never seen one in person and wanted to buy it. ive already shot it, twice and killed a doe with it. 50-60 yard shot, open sight.

It definitely shoots 454 casull, I've taken a doe with it this season. Open sight at 60 yards. So it can shoot 454 casull and 45 colt? Would that effect the value of the gun?
Looks like it was said. Looks like a gunsmith reamed it out after factory production. May be safe, but I wouldn't want to shoot 454 in it as it wasn't designed from the factory that way. As far as value, depends on the buyer

Attachments

• IMG_20231108_090412034.jpg
    IMG_20231108_090412034.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 18
I would say if your conservative with how often you shoot 454 out of it you should be just fine, you could look for midrange loadings to be on the safe side.
so itll shoot 45 colt? and that will be less detramental so to say on the gun? ive already taken a deer with it, using 454 casull 300gr hallows so even if it just sits on the wall, or in the case im pretty ok with that. its a cool gun for sure

Back
Top Bottom