• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with getting info about this gun and it's value (NEF 454)

so itll shoot 45 colt? and that will be less detramental so to say on the gun? ive already taken a deer with it, using 454 casull 300gr hallows so even if it just sits on the wall, or in the case im pretty ok with that. its a cool gun for sure
Yes, 45 Colt and 454 would be like 38/ 357. As long as it doesn't blow up in your face you probably have a real gem

so itll shoot 45 colt? and that will be less detramental so to say on the gun? ive already taken a deer with it, using 454 casull 300gr hallows so even if it just sits on the wall, or in the case im pretty ok with that. its a cool gun for sure
Yes, just make sure to clean the chamber before swapping back to 454. Since the 45 colt case is shorter it could leave fouling in the chamber in the space the 454 would fill.

Yes, 45 Colt and 454 would be like 38/ 357. As long as it doesn't blow up in your face you probably have a real gem
hasnt blown up yet lol. i personally have fired it 3 times. once to see how it felt, once at a doe on the run and missed completely lol and the doe i killed the other day.

hasnt blown up yet lol. i personally have fired it 3 times. once to see how it felt, once at a doe on the run and missed completely lol and the doe i killed the other day.
Good for you. There is a lot of difference in pressure from 45 Colt and 454. That's what we're pointing out. Seems like I've seen the handi rifle made in 454. Yours seems to handle well.
I know 45 Colt doesn't have any recoil, how does the 454 shoot? I've taken deer with the 45 Colt out to 135yds. One shot, complete pass through. Never took a step, just fell over. I imagine the 454 is quite a round. Just think about what you'd have with a S&W 460

Good for you. There is a lot of difference in pressure from 45 Colt and 454. That's what we're pointing out. Seems like I've seen the handi rifle made in 454. Yours seems to handle well.
I know 45 Colt doesn't have any recoil, how does the 454 shoot? I've taken deer with the 45 Colt out to 135yds. One shot, complete pass through. Never took a step, just fell over. I imagine the 454 is quite a round. Just think about what you'd have with a S&W 460
Shoots great! I didn't feal a thing, no mark. Lol supposedly this rifle will shoot 460 as well! That doe I shot, jumped 10 feet in the air, did a front flip, landed on its back and didn't move. I'm using it as open sight right now, but that was at 60 yards and it wasn't a pass thru because I shot a bit forward. Both front shoulders were destroyed and the whole chest cavity as well lol. I just really wanted to take something with it. I'll end up using it for hog but probably not deer anymore unless I'm in real thick stuff.

I'd guess from the way the 454 is stamped that someone bought a 45 Colt, wasn't impressed and had a local gunsmith ream the chamber to 454 Cassull. It would change the value only in the eyes of the buyer. as in its been modified I don't trust it or oh h*** yea look what I got.

I'd guess from the way the 454 is stamped that someone bought a 45 Colt, wasn't impressed and had a local gunsmith ream the chamber to 454 Cassull. It would change the value only in the eyes of the buyer. as in its been modified I don't trust it or oh h*** yea look what I got.
whats the stamping, and numbers on the gun, where you can see when its broke open? did you see that picture?

Shoots great! I didn't feal a thing, no mark. Lol supposedly this rifle will shoot 460 as well! That doe I shot, jumped 10 feet in the air, did a front flip, landed on its back and didn't move. I'm using it as open sight right now, but that was at 60 yards and it wasn't a pass thru because I shot a bit forward. Both front shoulders were destroyed and the whole chest cavity as well lol. I just really wanted to take something with it. I'll end up using it for hog but probably not deer anymore unless I'm in real thick stuff.
Interesting rifle, I could offer a trade on it but Athens is a bit of a drive for me.

Back
Top Bottom