• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need lots of prayers for my Mom please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back a little while ago, no biopsy results yet but we got more bad news today. The mass on her pelvis was actually in her bladder and she has tumors in her lungs too. Mom isn't going to be able to go home to her own apartment alone so it looks like I'll probably be bringing her home to my house whenever she leaves the hospital. I don't have any brothers or sisters so it'll be up to me and my wife to take care of her until she goes into hospice care. At that point she'll need round the clock care & monitoring. Mom has two sisters but one isn't able to help and the other one is as cold hearted as they come and I don't trust her to be doing anything related to caring for my Mom anyway. So that's all we know right now till the biopsy results come and they know how aggressive this cancer is. I want to thank each one of you guys and please keep us in your prayers, my wife has MS and had two heart attacks last year too so she's not in the greatest shape either. Thanks again y'all.

Tazz, you need a lot more prayer. I am adding your wife. I will commit to pray for you in all this. You cannot change any of this, but you can be strength for both of them; you can be encouragement; you can be an optimist; you can be full of grace and compassion. There are rewards on the other side of eternity for you, Man! As your family leans on you-as they should- I remind you to lean on God. Encourage your mom and wife to trust in Him as you do. It is amazing the strength you will have to do all that needs done. You can do this! Just keep moving forward; asking good questions; taking good notes; and, seeking wisdom before every decision.

Tazz, you need a lot more prayer. I am adding your wife. I will commit to pray for you in all this. You cannot change any of this, but you can be strength for both of them; you can be encouragement; you can be an optimist; you can be full of grace and compassion. There are rewards on the other side of eternity for you, Man! As your family leans on you-as they should- I remind you to lean on God. Encourage your mom and wife to trust in Him as you do. It is amazing the strength you will have to do all that needs done. You can do this! Just keep moving forward; asking good questions; taking good notes; and, seeking wisdom before every decision.
Thank you very much. Yes, God has given my wife & I both strength through our whole marriage (39 years), especially over the last 15 years since my wife was diagnosed with MS. I ask my ODT brothers & sisters to pray because I know first hand what the power of prayer can do, there's been more times than I can count where God has answered prayers for us. My oldest son (age 37) nearly died in Dec. 2006 from type1 diabetes, we didn't know till that night he was diabetic when I rushed him to the hospital. His blood sugar level was off the chart at 1239, they only gave him a 10-15% chance of living through the night without suffering brain damage and multiple organ failures but today he's doing fine with no organ or brain damage. Even the doctors said it was a miracle he lived without damaged organs or brain. Great doctors & staff AND prayer got him through that. That just one example, I could go on & on with more but I just don't have the energy right now.

Thank you very much. Yes, God has given my wife & I both strength through our whole marriage (39 years), especially over the last 15 years since my wife was diagnosed with MS. I ask my ODT brothers & sisters to pray because I know first hand what the power of prayer can do, there's been more times than I can count where God has answered prayers for us. My oldest son (age 37) nearly died in Dec. 2006 from type1 diabetes, we didn't know till that night he was diabetic when I rushed him to the hospital. His blood sugar level was off the chart at 1239, they only gave him a 10-15% chance of living through the night without suffering brain damage and multiple organ failures but today he's doing fine with no organ or brain damage. Even the doctors said it was a miracle he lived without damaged organs or brain. Great doctors & staff AND prayer got him through that. That just one example, I could go on & on with more but I just don't have the energy right now.

Hang in there, my Brother! God is good every time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom