• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need recommendations on long range precision rifles

CR2008

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
26   0
Reaction score
Around 3 years ago I saw a guy on the range shooting an accuracy international rifle in .308... that thing looks like a fine tuned machine but he told me it cost in $5000 not counting the scope. Are there any rifles that are considered true military grade, that are closer to $2000? I read that the Sig SSG 3000 was a little less but was no longer imported to the states. I think I possibly could push it to $3000 (sako TRG etc) or so but that's it. What's the the consensus on the armalight a30? Thanks

Look into Summit Rifles out of Dallas Ga. Tyson Crabbe is the builder and he makes an amazing rifle for the money! Im hoping to have him build me a 300wsm in the next few years

Around 3 years ago I saw a guy on the range shooting an accuracy international rifle in .308... that thing looks like a fine tuned machine but he told me it cost in $5000 not counting the scope. Are there any rifles that are considered true military grade, that are closer to $2000? I read that the Sig SSG 3000 was a little less but was no longer imported to the states. I think I possibly could push it to $3000 (sako TRG etc) or so but that's it. What's the the consensus on the armalight a30? Thanks

Is that $3000 for the entire system, or just the rifle? If it's just for the rifle, do you have a budget for the optics?

CR2008, how about you start with a Remington 700 Long Range in a 300 magnum caliber?
That's $700 to $800 for the gun, and it has a quality stock with a bedding block in it, a 26" long barrel to get the best velocity that will keep your bullets supersonic to the longest possible range.
The barrel is heavy profile to enhance accuracy.
The trigger is externally adjustable.

If you want a tactical modular stock/ chassis, then get one. That only adds another $500-$1000 to your rifle cost.

You're still only at about $1500-$1800 on the gun.

Then you can spend the rest of your budget on glass, rings, and an elevation-gaining base.

Back
Top Bottom