• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

need some advice on a 1911.

Yep, that's not gonna be cheap to refinish. Sorry for getting your hopes up, I ASSumed it was the bi-tone model with the parkerized slide and stainless frame.

who in the hell would use that as a edc ? thats like a show piece to me..idk why i just love it ..well not that one its a lil unloved . but a new one oh yeah...

I would pick it up and have it refinished in Cerakote all black or whatever color you choose. I think you can have it done for around $160 ish? They are good shooters!

Springfield Black paint finish sux. It just wont stay on. I have a bitone lightweight I had to have the frame duracoated because it was all chipped up, wish I would have had it ceracoated instead. If you can find a good ceracoater, maybe you could let him blast it, then you tape it up, then he could coat it. THEN...The secret to getting it back the way it is, is to block sand it on the flats after it's coated. You would have to be very careful not to overdo it. You would also have to remove the staked tube on the frame. I always thought that model springer would look great with charcoal gray instead of black.

Well thanks for all the good input guys. I love the look of it so dont wanna fully cerakote it. the polish idea is doable. Wonder how hard it would be to get the rest off. Use striper or just keep polishing?

Back
Top Bottom