• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

need some advice on a 1911.

Well thanks for all the good input guys. I love the look of it so dont wanna fully cerakote it. the polish idea is doable. Wonder how hard it would be to get the rest off. Use striper or just keep polishing?
the Polish will take it off, or look into chemical strippers, avoid sanding of any sort like the plague

Ok so I called springfield this morning told them the situation and asked whats my options , nice people btw. Was told to send the pistol to them"on there dime" they will look at it and if its A finish quality problem then no charges, also found out it was a common issue. And be refinished then sent back no charges. But if it is normal ware then its not covered of course, then the options are bead blast the black off polish the metal to matte like look, or go back to original cost between $60-$110 so I hope it covered lol

holey crap. so i called and gave them the sn. of the gun then they gave me a return number and the address to sent it to "on my dime to them" then they will look at it and let me know. ok i say , then the question most would ask HOW LONG? weeeelllllllll... were backed up a bit so it will probably be about a MONTH to even look at it. WOW:shocked: im thinking to myself. then how long to refinish it and ship it back im wondering? now the question is to all of you my fine fellow gun nuts.. "now remember i have NOT perched this pistol yet" would you send it back and hope its covered? and if not pay the price to have it refinished then shipped back on your dime sence it was not warranty . or find a smith who cerakotes and go that option. OR try to polish off the black and hope for the best. but in-turn doing that it would definitely not be covered if it didnt work out to well and want to send back. the time thing is whats killing me..buy a gun and ship it off for months..HELP fellas. what would you do? the price is very good on the gun. but not that good to shell out hundreds of $$ and be up to new prices. thanks all

If it's really cheap and worth it to you then go for it! If it's not a good enough deal then just find one that you don't have to mess with.

If it's really cheap and worth it to you then go for it! If it's not a good enough deal then just find one that you don't have to mess with.

Yeah thats the issue..and I agree with you.. What would you consider "really cheap on that weapon"? Also was told it wasn't parkerized something they call armorcoat. So idk.

Back
Top Bottom