• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some advise on selling M1D

That stock is a total turnoff for someone looking for a collectible Garand. From across the room it is obvious it is a copy, not an original. As mentioned, CMP is not US Gov't. When you are trying to sell to the collector market, originality trumps pretty every time.

Not a CMP stock. Was replaced at Armory prior to arriving at CMP. But, I understand what your saying the stock is obviously not original.

Armory replacement means very little . The Greeks, Italians, Danes, etc., all had armories and Garands and they all supplied stocks as needed. On the guns that came back to the US, they were still wearing these stocks.

Yours looks like something Boyd or DuPage turned out some time ago. The grain and finish are both wrong for a USGI stock.

I have 150 A+ transactions on gunbroker some guns take a few relisting , try stripping it down to just the rifle it will show better. Reduce your shipping cost and let the buyer pay for ins if they want it . Be patient and good luck.
Treehawk

Thanks to all who gave advise. 10thmountain 10thmountain pm'ed me to put on the CMP website. After being there for less than 24 hours, I have an offer for the whole package. Sometimes you just need to ask for help.

Lee
I will bet she goes to a great home and makes appearances at a vintage match one day! So glad this worked out.

Back
Top Bottom