Need some help with hunting reports

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
276   0
Reaction score
I'm going to add a hunting reports "feature" similar to the classifieds and wanted some suggestions as to what details a hunting report should have. I'd also love to hear any suggestions you guys may have for the reports feature.

I'm more a fisherman than a hunter so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Deer "Rut" times. Usually they are color coded across the country. Moon phase reports, forecasts, migration reports,

Where are the big monster bucks?

You mean like these?

i41.tinypic.com_727qzb.jpg

i40.tinypic.com_mimgk5.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_xksyab.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_t5kody.jpg

Yes OS we do use reports. At least I do, but most of it is compiled from previous years data. Cabela's has a pretty cool rut report. The only problem with it is it based on a few of their field hunters in certain areas. So it's not entirely accurate for all areas across a region. There are alot of factors that play into when does go in heat. So a hunter submitting a rut report for central GA doesn't always apply to hunters in different regions of the state. However, it will get you in the ballpark of when the rut is on. Just a suggestion if you're starting a report find out where some of the members hunt and pull field reports from all the regions in GA. I hunt weekly from bow season on in the Augusta, Thomson, and Washington GA area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom