Need some help with hunting reports

Those are very nice deer, it takes time, trigger restraint, and letting young bucks, and does walk. We do not shoot anything, thats not outside the ears, and has to have 4 or better on one side. Our club only allows a total of 5 deer per year, per member and that total includes what deer a member quests shoots also. Our club only shot 6 deer total, we counted over the season over 93 we saw ourselves not all the same deer either. However we get ribbed about shooting only the yotes, oh well someone has to keep them thinned out.

Rather shoot yotes than anything.

Never used one.Bad day of hunting beats good day at work.So to me its a relaxing thing, so I don`t mind not getting a deer everyday.Just got into a club after 10 years of not going and shot 4. I don`t need no stinking reports he says with a grin on his face........thanks for thinking of it though.

Pick up a fall copy of GON. Can I even say that here? Anyway, they usually offer a section as the season is coming on that is broken up for various areas of the state. It generally includes what kind of hard and soft mast is available in areas, scouting reports, terrain to focus on, WMA schedules, and things like that. I think a hunting forum is a great idea, even if it just turns into a place for people to post their pictures.

I hunt, and know of several others that do. Really don't know how much something like that would be used but I'd be interested in what others are seeing and doing wherever they hunt.
Might attract more of the hunting crowd which would be a good thing for the site

i wish you would add a waterfowl hunting sub-forum in the hunting section. i get reports for that off of the Ducks Unlimited website.

Hunting section would be cool! My wife and i hunt every weekend and most every afternoon at the beginning of the season(till the time change) We let MANY deer walk but we have a real honey hole. Our hunting proerty is surounded by 1500 acres of city land that is loaded with deer.Just like CC Water Authority land. I read GON ( I know) and at that time of year I go to their website for info from the hunters there.Rut times are hard to nail down...they can be diff from county to county, but it does help to read about what others are seeing.

I think this is a great idea.For deer, it is hard to guage when the rut hits and input from people on the site would be great. The report could show updates by county, recent kills (date, time of day when killed, size, number of points, was he in rut?), stories of recent hunts in that county(whether they killed something or not),Rub/scrapes activity.
Might be good to add hunt club info as well like openings, location,etc.

Back
Top Bottom