• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Needing input about Lights for weapons and bags

Jesus12

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
10   0
Reaction score
Updated:
I am needing some input from people who have used their weapon lights and what they like and don’t like.
I am also needing some input on the best durable yet affordable bags for my AR’s

Update-
Thanks for the response.
Ar’s I run are basic but I would be looking for great big out bag/storage bags

Lights are to be mounted on the weapon
Mostly AR’s and shotguns.
I just bought an OLight so I am excited to see its performance.

Streamlight is about as cheap
As you can go and still have quality. I have their TRL7s on carry guns, TRL HL on pistols, and the rifle version on my HD gun.

You can spend more money but these work well and hold up to everything I put them through.

Need more info on AR for bag suggestions.

If you're talking about lights on pistols I'd learn to use a handheld in conjunction with a pistol before slapping a dedicated weapon light on. Most low/no light courses will offer that in their curriculum along with use of a weapon mounted light.

If you're talking about lights on pistols I'd learn to use a handheld in conjunction with a pistol before slapping a dedicated weapon light on. Most low/no light courses will offer that in their curriculum along with use of a weapon mounted light.
Nope. Get both. Weapon mounted lights blinked at the floor or ceiling light up the whole room. And pistols are hard enough to shoot, you should use both hands.

My Condor is a single rifle case. I has external pockets for mags or ammo, a separate opening for two handgun pockets and provides plenty of protection for everything inside and it wasn't God awful expensive.

I agree 100%, there's a time and place for it. In the context of home defense, sure. Edc, not so much.
mostly agree. I usually only EDC with a light starting around halloween through spring. Partially because it's annoying to carry with a light on, big part of it is my particular case use. I have young kids. Bed time is 7:30. I'm typically home by 4. So I'm not going anywhere that's even close to dark.

if I'm out nights or whatever that (often) changes.

But with high quality lights being under $100 anymore and the size/weight penalty getting smaller every day it's almost crazy not to have options.

Back
Top Bottom