Negative feedback

I recently noticed a member that had 4 negative feedbacks. I asked why the hell was he still a member and was told, that is the way it is on here now. WTF?

There isn't now, nor has there ever been, a rule regarding getting banned at any given number of negative feedbacks. On the contrary, isn't that what the feedback system is for? Let's say a user has 3 negative feedbacks. What does banning them really do? It's not like getting banned from ODT makes you incapable of a buying/selling/trading guns anywhere, so you may very likely run into them elsewhere and not know you're dealing with a guy that earned those 3 negs. Leave it, and the feedback system does what it's supposed to do and they're right there for you to see.

I would just be happy if I didn't have to beg these people to leave some feedback after the deal has come and gone through.

Using the feedback system isn't mandatory. Everyone is welcome to use or not use it as they like. There are those who simply won't do it because they feel it's leaving a trail and while I don't agree with that line of thinking it is their choice.

I think most of us just work it out. We be adult men (and women), we should be able to resolve most issues.

Just be sure you confirm meets, times, details, etc in a PM. JIC.

I've noticed some negative feedback that goes back several years for a few people - Will it always be with you or is there a time limit as to how long it will follow you?

Knock on wood... I haven't had a bad experience with the ODT yet.... I have had a few deals that I didn't receive feedback... I have had low-ballers... these things happen.... read the ad/listing and the feedback completely before making an offer.....

I'll deal with negative FB members, but they will do all the driving and I'll do all the negotiations.

a lot of times you also can get good deals with them. I've picked up a couple of items that were excellently priced but no one would jump on them because the member had a couple negs and very few feedbacks so their score was very low. I agree with keeping the distance in your favor that way if they do bail your not that bad off

Back
Top Bottom