• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negative iTrader Court!

What should be done?

• Negative rating stands.

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Remove negative rating, he never committed to buy.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Change negative to neutral and then clarify the site rules for this type of thing.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Just figure it out Steve!

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
I have what may be a gray area and want some opinions on it.

I'll summarize the story and protect the identities of those involved. :)

Tony sends Phillip a PM to tell him about a gun Tony wants to sell, and wants to know if Phillip is interested.

Phillip replies with "Where are you located? I think I will take it if we can work out a meeting place.

This happens on a Sunday, they agree to meet on Thursday. Pictures are sent to Phillip on Tuesday.

On Wednesday Phillip sends Tony a PM saying something along the lines of "I tried to call you a bunch of times, I bought another gun." - Was a little more polite than that. Everything was cancelled by PM before the meet was scheduled.

So, the question is, Does Phillip deserve a negative itrader feedback for saying "I think I will take it"

I posted a poll with a couple options, I won't say what I think, I just want your opinions.

The part I cant get around is the fact that the potential buyer never said "I'll take it". "I think I'll take it", sounds more like I'd like to look at it and if I like it I might buy it.

On the other hand the guy did agree to meet him and stood him up. It doesn't matter if he "tried" to call or not. Even if he didnt commit to buy, he did commit to meet and he welched on the meeting because he bought another gun. If he couldn't reach the seller the potential buyer should have shown up and told the buyer face to face that he had bought another gun.

"I think" is not an "I will" so therefore there was never a commitment to buy. However, there was a commitment to meet and it was not made good.

I would reduce the negative rating to a neutral.

The part I cant get around is the fact that the potential buyer never said "I'll take it". "I think I'll take it", sounds more like I'd like to look at it and if I like it I might buy it.

On the other hand the guy did agree to meet him and stood him up. It doesn't matter if he "tried" to call or not. Even if he didnt commit to buy, he did commit to meet and he welched on the meeting because he bought another gun. If he couldn't reach the seller the potential buyer should have shown up and told the buyer face to face that he had bought another gun.

"I think" is not an "I will" so therefore there was never a commitment to buy. However, there was a commitment to meet and it was not made good.

I would reduce the negative rating to a neutral.

No!

It was cancelled before the meet

the dood has been trying to call him and tell him before the day of meet that he is no longer interested ............he may have even tried to call earlier than wednesday !? .... who knows..

my point is that he did call .......and he didnt stand the guy up...

I vote to delete any feedback whatsoever because this kinda thing happens .............nobodys perfect..

One wonders if the seller/trader turned down any "real" offers during this time. Personally, I will not make an offer unless I'm dead serious and I expect the same of anyone else. About 6 months ago I had a fella do this to me on GON and I didn't appreciate it at all.

If you ain't sure - don't send the PM...

One wonders if the seller/trader turned down any "real" offers during this time. Personally, I will not make an offer unless I'm dead serious and I expect the same of anyone else. About 6 months ago I had a fella do this to me on GON and I didn't appreciate it at all.

If you ain't sure - don't send the PM...

Everyone please read closely. The seller contacted the buyer in this case, and the item was not listed in the trading post yet, the seller was giving the buyer a heads up before he listed it.

I'm sorry, The buyer tried to call during the day Wednesday but then sent a PM Wednesday evening when he couldn't reach him by phone.

They were due to meet on Thursday.

the dood has been trying to call him and tell him before the day of meet that he is no longer interested ............he may have even tried to call earlier than wednesday !? .... who knows..

my point is that he did call .......and he didnt stand the guy up...

I vote to delete any feedback whatsoever because this kinda thing happens .............nobodys perfect..

I see your point redneck. However, if I were in the position of the potential buyer I'd have at least met the guy to tell him I bought another gun. I understand that he might have called "a bunch of times", but it my understanding that he never reached him. Personally, I couldn't in good conscience leave it at that with the possibility that this guy was going to show up and wait for me when I know I wouldn't be there.

FOR THE RECORD: if the seller admitted that he did receive the phone message notifying him that the potential buyer had bought another firearm and was cancelling the meet. Then, I say delete the feedback, no harm, no foul. However, I dont know if that is the case. Those little details make all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom