• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negative iTrader Court!

What should be done?

• Negative rating stands.

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Remove negative rating, he never committed to buy.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Change negative to neutral and then clarify the site rules for this type of thing.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Just figure it out Steve!

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at it, once the meeting was set, then I would think the "I think Ill take it" became an "Ill take it".
I do believe we should have a choice of a "neutral" rating for cases like this. Neutral with an explanation.

Last edited:
If the meet had happened and someone didn't show up, we wouldn'tbe having this discussion.

For me, not showing up to a meet is unacceptable. There would have to be pretty extenuating circumstances to not even make a courtesy phone call.

I'm sorry, The buyer tried to call during the day Wednesday but then sent a PM Wednesday evening when he couldn't reach him by phone.

They were due to meet on Thursday.

I hate it when people do this kind of thing to me, why yank my chain if you gonna just change your mind or somethin. Unless me or my car breaks down, I;m gonna be there. I agree with what others have said, "If you are not serious about a deal- don't make one then bail on it." I don't think "Sorry I bought another gun" is a good enough excuse to break a verbal/digital agreement,(THEY DID AGREE TO A MEET ON THU). However, at least he did PM the evening before to cancel. I'm gonna vote "Neutral" on this. If Phillip had not tried to call and had not sent a PM I would be Negative all the way, but he did at least have the common courtesy to call/PM. The calls and PM were are allot more than what some folks do.

Last edited:
I would so no, and here is why:

The Seller contacted the Buyer initially, and that is the kicker. The Buyer said he would maybe take it, then set up a meeting that was canceled. He didn't contact the Seller first to say he would take it. Since the Seller made the initial contact, and the Buyer canceled before the meeting, no feedback for either party is needed.

I would so no, and here is why:

The Seller contacted the Buyer initially, and that is the kicker. The Buyer said he would maybe take it, then set up a meeting that was canceled. He didn't contact the Seller first to say he would take it. Since the Seller made the initial contact, and the Buyer canceled before the meeting, no feedback for either party is needed.

agreed ...

I usually repeat via phone what is agreed to before a meeting is set, that way no one should misunderstand. When that meeting is not done then a jerk is called. Too many ill take it\ no shows.

The buyer committed to meet to take a look at the item. The buyer never committed himself to buying the item. However, if he planned on cancelling the meeting, it was his obligation to ensure that the seller knew about the cancellation regardless of whatever technical email/phone difficulties that arose. This means that even though he had no further intentions of buying the item he should have showed up at the meeting place that was agreed upon and discussed the situation person-to-person.

However, this is the exact reason that I always check my private messages before a scheduled meet. This way if someone has cancelled, I will not be stuck waiting and wondering. I know that sometimes people try to call my phone and can't get through to it. Types of people vary and there are still many old school people that will talk about a meeting one week and expect it to be set in stone a week later without any further communication.

So, if everyone would just practice good communication when dealing, a lot of these problems wouldn't arise. Both parties should try to contact one another through phone/email/pm a full 24 hours before the scheduled meet if the initial agreement was made 3 days prior to the arrangement to make sure that nothing has changed. If either party does not receive feedback from the other end, they should continue with the meeting as schedule, unless there are some extenuating circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom