NetFlix tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wacko: It's a Netflix issue!!! They are the ones that sign content agreements and provide it via a paid service.

People that use VPNs simply login to a PAID account. And netflix never even had the slightest issue with it until a couple of years ago. But if it really is an issue, prohibit it in the user agreement.

And it's your responsibility to know what you're talking about. Calling people criminals because you're all emotional on a subject instead of educating yourself is pretty silly...
Netflix fulfills their obligation to the content owners by imposing a geographic block which you are circumventing to steal content you are not allowed to view in your geographic region.

Get on a plane and stream from the UK, no problem for your paid account or the content providers.

Using the VPN is no different then kicking in the door to someone’s house. They put a lock(geographic block) on the door but you decided to use your foot(VPN) to open the door illegally.

The total lack of personal responsibility in America will be what historians look back on as the primary reason for America’s demise.

It’s not my fault, Netflix didn’t stop me!

Netflix fulfills their obligation to the content owners by imposing a geographic block which you are circumventing to steal content you are not allowed to view in your geographic region.

Get on a plane and stream from the UK, no problem for your paid account or the content providers.

Using the VPN is no different then kicking in the door to someone’s house. They put a lock(geographic block) on the door but you decided to use your foot(VPN) to open the door illegally.

The total lack of personal responsibility in America will be what historians look back on as the primary reason for America’s demise.

It’s not my fault, Netflix didn’t stop me!

Netflix started in the late 90s, and it took them until 2016 to figure out it was an issue. :pound:

I've been using a VPN before 2016. I haven't changed a thing. Netflix did because of THEIR content agreements.

But that's illegal... :pound: You even claimed "international" law earlier so I checked a few places. It's not illegal in the EU or Australia.

You're emotional argument is getting better though so keep it up...

Netflix started in the late 90s, and it took them until 2016 to figure out it was an issue. :pound:

I've been using a VPN before 2016. I haven't changed a thing. Netflix did because of THEIR content agreements.

But that's illegal... :pound: You even claimed "international" law earlier so I checked a few places. It's not illegal in the EU or Australia.

So have you always had a different list of content? Does Netflix display the content of the VPN provider's country?

Sure... You go with that. More feelz...
Logic it any way you like. If you think being morally responsible is emotional and hasing feelz, then there’s really nothing to discuss.

What this really boils down to is you’ve been forbidden by a company to do something, you’ve found a work around and have rationalized it as being their fault for not defeating your method of breaking the agreement you made when you rent their service.

Logic it any way you like. If you think being morally responsible is emotional and hasing feelz, then there’s really nothing to discuss.

What this really boils down to is you’ve been forbidden by a company to do something, you’ve found a work around and have rationalized it as being their fault for not defeating your method of breaking the agreement you made when you rent their service.

Show me where they forbid you from specifically using a VPN. I'll be waiting...

So have you always had a different list of content? Does Netflix display the content of the VPN provider's country?

Yes they do it by countries or regions. All they have to do is have you select your location when signing up, and they could block it via your login. There would be no VPN workaround and people could still use their VPNs and rightfully so. But again this was never even an issue until a couple of years ago.

So are you an EU citizen or an Australian citizen living in the appropriate country?

Seems like you live in the US and are a US citizen and therefore must follow our laws. Of course laws vary from country to country. Copyright laws vary and this is illegal in other countries.

Using that Netflix didn’t stop me so it’s not wrong argument again. No personal responsibility.

So are you an EU citizen or an Australian citizen living in the appropriate country?

Seems like you live in the US and are a US citizen and therefore must follow our laws. Of course laws vary from country to country. Copyright laws vary and this is illegal in other countries.

Using that Netflix didn’t stop me so it’s not wrong argument again. No personal responsibility.

You claimed it was some violation of international law. I wasn't sure so I checked, and you were also wrong on that account. The only place banning VPN use is China. Yes you can't use your VPN to download and steal pirated content. That is very clear. But there is no law against streaming PAID content with a VPN, and nor should there be. But you keep falsely calling it illegal. And please show me this law. I've been waiting for that also...

And no I have never once used the "Netflix didn't stop me argument" so quit putting words in my mouth. I said Netflix could easily address the issue IF THEY WANTED TO DO SO.

That post needed more feelz btw...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom