Never again- Dead Center Gun Range Buford- Please shoot below the line!?!

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
It must have been at least 8 months since I was there shooting, but have been there multiple times since to purchase supplies. Went shooting for my lunch break with my kid. New to me- they gave me this plastic thing you have to hang your target on, and if you shoot above the line, than you are shooting too high into their backstop (or something like that) and you have to pay $5 for every 5 or 6 holes.

Well, my kid is new at shooting, and we were trying different distances, but most of the shooting was done @ 15 feet. I had to pay an extra $10 for the holes put into the plastic target holder. No thanks Dead Center...I go to a shooting range to practice, not be perfect. If I had to pay the golf course for every ball I hit into the lake, I would be totally screwed.

if you shoot above the line your more than likely shooting into the roof, not the backstop. that's why they started that. i been there plenty of times with it like that and taking my nephew and never had a problem. if your worried about a kid or someone inexperienced shooting above it and costing you money hang the target lower or bring your own in to hang with the bullseye set lower. they dont charge you anything if you hit the floor lol.

damn does sound like a bs way to make more money off their customers. had considered going up there sometime and checking it out. now you've saved me the trip.

I used to shoot there with my dad but it's been since last summer since I've been.

Wow, is all i have to say!

It must have been at least 8 months since I was there shooting, but have been there multiple times since to purchase supplies. Went shooting for my lunch break with my kid. New to me- they gave me this plastic thing you have to hang your target on, and if you shoot above the line, than you are shooting too high into their backstop (or something like that) and you have to pay $5 for every 5 or 6 holes.

Well, my kid is new at shooting, and we were trying different distances, but most of the shooting was done @ 15 feet. I had to pay an extra $10 for the holes put into the plastic target holder. No thanks Dead Center...I go to a shooting range to practice, not be perfect. If I had to pay the golf course for every ball I hit into the lake, I would be totally screwed.
That is kind of $v*#3@ up... No wait that is really $v*#3@ up... Thanks for the warning...

Back
Top Bottom