• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 80% Lower Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The law on "engaged in the business" DOES have a "for profit" element.

Quote from ATF, quoting the actual U.S. Code:

"The term “manufacturer” is defined by 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(10) as any person engaged in the business of manufacturing firearms or ammunition for purposes of sale or distribution. As applied to a manufacturer of firearms,

the term “engaged in the business” is defined by 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(21)(A) and 27 CFR 478.11, as a “person who devotes time, attention, and labor to manufacturing firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit."

https://www.atf.gov/file/82791/download

Not a lawyer, etc etc etc

1. I think it still needs a serial number on whatever component is considered the firearm.
  2. GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet 's point in this post is still valid. If you're selling a one-off, and are able to demonstrate that you didn't originally construct that firearm for the intent of commerce, you're probably OK
I would think that if you could demonstrate that you built the gun "some time ago" (a year?) and that you've been using the firearm for your own benefit/entertainment, and it was a one-off, you would probably be fine.

Summoning people who can actually confirm this in ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

now that 80% lower kits require a 4473, can I sell a gun i built on an 80% lower like any other firearm on here?

As of right now the site rule on 80% lower builds remains unchanged. If that rule changes, it will be announced in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom