New camp knife/pry bar

I have no other info on them. I don't think that they have established a price. I will follow up when I know more.

Everyone cool with the sheath design. I had decided against flaring the opening. A flare would make it easier to re-holster, but I was afraid that it would become a dirt/grit collector during outdoor activities.

Hey brother, if you want, send me one or two, Ill have my guys (and me of course) but it through a "Real world test" and give you a review on it. It looks great, would be a great tool for me to use and demonstrate during classes.

Hey brother, if you want, send me one or two, Ill have my guys (and me of course) but it through a "Real world test" and give you a review on it. It looks great, would be a great tool for me to use and demonstrate during classes.

I've only got the one knife that I'm keeping. I have forwarded a link to this thread to the guys making them. I will forward your info as well.

I love this kind of knife. The flat design packs well. This thing looks mean and the logo is awesome too. I'm trying to come up with constructive criticism but not finding much.
It seems like you could skeletonize it some to make it lighter without sacrificing durability... but I'd rather have a cheaper knife than pay for the extra machining cost. Plus, the solid design looks good.
I like an absolute minimal sheath (I don' use the holes), but I understand their use.

I'll be checking back to see when this thing is on the market.

Looks like a nice multiuse field knife....my only critique would be that I'd rather see lighter, less aggressive jimping. I can see that tearing up your thumb after serious use with no gloves.

The only thing I would change is if you can, somehow incorporate a drain hole into the sheath at the bottom.

Other than that, I like the concept, generally speaking.

It does look like a cool tool and I wouldn't mind having one myself. CountyComm does carry something similar here though:

http://www.countycomm.com/barfamily.html

http://countycomm.com/eodbreachersheath.html

I would prefer to have something locally made though.

I was unfamiliar with the CountyComm products until I did a search on how to wrap the handle. I think our local offering is more of a multi-purpose blade, instead of just a rectangular pry bar.

The only thing I would change is if you can, somehow incorporate a drain hole into the sheath at the bottom.

Other than that, I like the concept, generally speaking.

Excellent idea! I think this is especially important for the carbon steel blade to allow moisture to escape. I am definitely putting a drain hole on mine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom