New camp knife/pry bar

Yeah, I had a Mora whose sheath for some reason didn't have a drain hole. After 2 weeks of camping in Costa Rica, the blade was rusted out big time.

Yeah, I had a Mora whose sheath for some reason didn't have a drain hole. After 2 weeks of camping in Costa Rica, the blade was rusted out big time.

off topic, but I love Costa Rica, spent two weeks there in 2010 and Mt. Arenal has not had lava flow since I left lol

Just wanted to update this thread. I've used this knife all week at the sheetmetal fabrication shop where I work. It has been used as a screwdriver, been hammered thru spot welds on 20 gauge galvanized, and driven thru .063 aluminum pipe. The finish has been worn and the paracord is frayed, but there is no damage to the blade. Please excuse the following cell phone pics, but I was taking the pics to send to the guys making the knives.

I will be working at the 2a-gear.com table at the National Arms Show gun show on Mar. 3. If any of you are interested to see the knife in person. I don't believe the production run will be ready by then, but I will update this post again if I find out otherwise, or if they will be offering some of the pre-production knives for sale.

i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_IMG00087_20120220_1114.jpg

i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_IMG00089_20120223_1106.jpg

i260.photobucket.com_albums_ii1_blackplague138_IMG00092_20120223_1726.jpg

I want the first one (as long as its resonable of course) and will put it through its paces. Can they make a longer one, more of a machete meets Ghurka ?

I'm meeting up with them tomorrow night to watch the UFC fights. I'll try to remember to ask if they will be making a larger model and ask if they have figured out a price. I'm just the sheath guy, so sorry that all of this info is second hand. Hopefully I'll have more info after this weekend, and definitely by next weekend when we are at the gun show.

no problem. Also, I can help them distribute it as I know a local knife shop owner who sells survival gear (hes on here as Gear2Survive) and everything else

Back
Top Bottom