New Car Buying Service....

Yeah Carmax averages $2000 profit on every deal, so no haggling must be the way to go. Right now I'm averaging $300 per deal on mine, so I think we are gonna stop haggling.

Carmax use to be $400 over invoice with a $249 doc fee on all their new cars. Hence why we outsold them even though they had 3 times the inventory of us. Not hard to beat their deals when you know exactly how they priced them and know they dont haggle.

Used cars....my god. You would be hard pressed to find a more expensive place to buy a car.

One of the more enjoyable things to do with a difficult buyer was send them to Carmax first, then have them come back and see us about getting a good deal. It worked many times.

It's so frustrating
Went to a car lot with a buddy to look for a wrangler
Salesmen said they didn't have a wrangler and offered to show him the VW rabbit convertable they had on the lot

You can tell the sales weasel exactly what you want and if they have it , it will be $5k over what it's really worth. Or if they don't have it they will call you every day telling you what other cars they have that you just explained you're not interested in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so frustrating
Went to a car lot with a buddy to look for a wrangler
Salesmen said they didn't have a wrangler and offered to show him the VW rabbit convertable they had on the lot

You can tell the sales weasel exactly what you want and if they have it , it will be $5k over what it's really worth. Or if they don't have it they will call you every day telling you what other cars they have that you just explained you're not interested in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precisely.

Hate it!

Carmax use to be $400 over invoice with a $249 doc fee on all their new cars. Hence why we outsold them even though they had 3 times the inventory of us. Not hard to beat their deals when you know exactly how they priced them and know they dont haggle.

Used cars....my god. You would be hard pressed to find a more expensive place to buy a car.

One of the more enjoyable things to do with a difficult buyer was send them to Carmax first, then have them come back and see us about getting a good deal. It worked many times.
Yet they are very successful. Shows how much people hate dealing with salesmen.
Carmax makes a good chunk of their money on financing.

Yet they are very successful. Shows how much people hate dealing with salesmen.
Carmax makes a good chunk of their money on financing.

They also used to make about $1500 per unit on wholesale pieces. I mean most GMs and Used Car managers I know would like to pick up $500 per copy in wholesale. So it also shows the strength in perception. They do the whole appraisal thing in a professional manner and basically steal a trade for $1000 under what it really worth and folks go with it.

They also used to make about $1500 per unit on wholesale pieces. I mean most GMs and Used Car managers I know would like to pick up $500 per copy in wholesale. So it also shows the strength in perception. They do the whole appraisal thing in a professional manner and basically steal a trade for $1000 under what it really worth and folks go with it.

Carmax = the consumers high cost of "convenience"

Back
Top Bottom