• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Classifieds & New Policies

When you click on the forum "Handguns" look just above the first listing and click on the " Revolver" button and that will list revolvers only.

I think I am beginning to get a grip on this new layout.
Thanks, but I'm talking about my alerts- I'm getting alerts on ALL HANDGUNS and I don't like it!:doh::doh:

When you click on the forum "Handguns" look just above the first listing and click on the " Revolver" button and that will list revolvers only.

I think I am beginning to get a grip on this new layout.

Oh, I can get to the Revolver "Sub Section" or whatever it's called, but I still can't figure out how having to make MORE ENTRIES to get there is "Progress"...Some of us would prefer to look at Round Guns separately from the Square Guns--Or maybe not look at the Self-Shuckers AT ALL--Just seems like a STEP BACKWARDS to this ol' Dinosaur... :( :( :(

While I do not like some of the changes, they have been made. We will have to adjust, and get used to it, the changes are made.
mikey357, I feel your pain, but this thread was created to tell us about the changes and find the failures, not to ask whether we want them or not. The members have two options, adjust, or leave the site. Those are the only two options the members of this site have ever had. Why expect anything different.

While I do not like some of the changes, they have been made. We will have to adjust, and get used to it, the changes are made.
mikey357, I feel your pain, but this thread was created to tell us about the changes and find the failures, not to ask whether we want them or not. The members have two options, adjust, or leave the site. Those are the only two options the members of this site have ever had. Why expect anything different.

Jerry, while I respect you and your opinion more than most on here, I must respectfully disagree--When enough people asked loudly enough and long enough, we got our SEPARATE Revolver Section--I intend to lobby for that very thing as long and as LOUDLY as I can--We Wheelgunners are NOT "Second Class Citizens", and I for one don't intend to settle for less--Respectfully, mikey357

The major issue though is a lot of use Tapatalk and previously I could subscribe to the separate thread for just revolvers. Now with the current system that is not a possibility. I believe there are a lot of us on here that really enjoyed a separate thread for revolvers and it would be greatly appreciated if you would consider adding that back for us.

I understand and apologize for the loss of functionality in tapatalk. I try to keep us compatible as much as possible but it's not always possible. I have updated our mobile theme to make it way more funtional and easy to use, just choose "blue" in the style chooser to check it out. I'm also considering our own dedicated app so I can maintain all functionality inside it.

So it takes me ONE MORE ENTRY to get to Revolvers now than it did, and this is "Progress"??? Methinks NOT...

Nope, don't like new set up. Changes lead to bugs, items not in correct sub-category. There's more 'backing up' now to get from category and it's sub-categories to another category. I really did like the 'drop downs' from before....but, gonna' hafta' put up with it till bugs worked out and I get used to it. Management has to tweak it occasionally.

From the front page I can get to revolvers in two clicks, same as before or faster depending on how you did it before. First highlight the dropdown arrow next to the category you want to look at and then click the one you want.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 1.26.46 AM.png

Once there you click the sub-category button. And you don't need to back up, you can click the button back off when you get done and then choose another one, all from the same page. That seems easier to me.

You can also bookmark this page and go straight to revolvers anytime: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/forums/handguns.72/?tag=revolvers

I don't like having separate handgun and revolver sections because revolvers are technically handguns. I would be willing to split up handguns, but it would have to be along a line that's closer to a 50/50 split and makes them completely separate categories with no overlap. Something like Metal vs. Plastic, Semi-Auto vs. All Others, something like those.

I'll also see about setting up alerts for the new sub-categories so people can still get their updates.

Back
Top Bottom