• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Classifieds & New Policies

From the front page I can get to revolvers in two clicks, same as before or faster depending on how you did it before. First highlight the dropdown arrow next to the category you want to look at and then click the one you want.

View attachment 979979

Once there you click the sub-category button. And you don't need to back up, you can click the button back off when you get done and then choose another one, all from the same page. That seems easier to me.

You can also bookmark this page and go straight to revolvers anytime: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/forums/handguns.72/?tag=revolvers

I don't like having separate handgun and revolver sections because revolvers are technically handguns. I would be willing to split up handguns, but it would have to be along a line that's closer to a 50/50 split and makes them completely separate categories with no overlap. Something like Metal vs. Plastic, Semi-Auto vs. All Others, something like those.

I'll also see about setting up alerts for the new sub-categories so people can still get their updates.

With the Tablet I'm using, I can't "Highlight" something by just "Hovering" over it, as with a Mouse--I've gotta' "Click On" it with my Stylus, so I'm back to MORE entries to get there than I was before the change...

As far as the 50/50 thing goes, I WISH there were as many REVOLVERS listed as there are Semi-autos--But then, we ARE talking about the same Population that elected Obama twice, so... :)

I'll do some "Cypherin'" on that possibilty...And thanks for being open to input & change....mikey357

Just wondering, Why fix what was not broke? btw, Revolver section
Because we would still be running ODT v1 which worked, but wasn't as functionable as we have today.

With each change there has been a wide spread nashing of teeth and an uproar. (Especially from a few that are rarely satisfied :barbershop_quartet_) But with a little time most wouldn't vote to revert back to the old.

Because we would still be running ODT v1 which worked, but wasn't as functionable as we have today.

With each change there has been a wide spread nashing of teeth and an uproar. (Especially from a few that are rarely satisfied :barbershop_quartet_) But with a little time most wouldn't vote to revert back to the old.
Can we vote to ban others avatars? :rolleyes:

Especially from a few that are rarely satisfied :barbershop_quartet_

Thanks Ken for that enlightening post. I guess I will fall into the category of "rarely satisfied", but that is just because I use GLWS on a constant basis. BTW, it was not banned even under the new rules.

The owner of the site does not like separating Handguns, but would be willing to look at the possibilities of "Something like Metal vs. Plastic, Semi-Auto vs. All Others, something like those." There are what are called "Long Guns", which includes rifles and shotguns, but we separate those. Semi-Autos and Revolvers are just as different as rifles and shoguns.
Mikey357, yeah, I was one of many who lobbied for a revolver section, and I thought it worked very well. But that was then, this is now. I don't like that the change was made to "simplify" things, but you will adjust, I will adjust and others will adjust. Just another solution to a non-existent problem. But as Ken said, there are a few of us who are rarely satisfied.....and yeah, I am older than most. Thanks for lumping all of the "old guys" into the same group Ken. Good luck with the change (GLWC).

Thanks Ken for that enlightening post. I guess I will fall into the category of "rarely satisfied", but that is just because I use GLWS on a constant basis. BTW, it was not banned even under the new rules.

The owner of the site does not like separating Handguns, but would be willing to look at the possibilities of "Something like Metal vs. Plastic, Semi-Auto vs. All Others, something like those." There are what are called "Long Guns", which includes rifles and shotguns, but we separate those. Semi-Autos and Revolvers are just as different as rifles and shoguns.
Mikey357, yeah, I was one of many who lobbied for a revolver section, and I thought it worked very well. But that was then, this is now. I don't like that the change was made to "simplify" things, but you will adjust, I will adjust and others will adjust. Just another solution to a non-existent problem. But as Ken said, there are a few of us who are rarely satisfied.....and yeah, I am older than most. Thanks for lumping all of the "old guys" into the same group Ken. Good luck with the change (GLWC).
I didn't name anyone in particular, what makes you assume I was talking about you?

If everyone always did that we would still live in caves and eat our meat raw.

I've always heard that when you get old you want everything to stay the same... LOL
Funny. YOU calling ME old.

:pound:
I didn't name anyone in particular, what makes you assume I was talking about you?
Just like the mods have special powers to know what WE 'really mean'....we know what you 'really mean' too.

Flex those Internet muscles though....it looks good on you.

Back
Top Bottom