• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Crossbow

So I’m watching you tube videos and learning. Educate me ODT.

Do you aim a little low anticipating a deer to duck?
I’m planning on carrying cocked but not loaded unless I’m stalking. What day you?
What else do I need to know? Common rookie mistakes?
I wouldn’t shouldn’t further than you’re comfortable with. My furthest shot is probably 50 yards. That crossbow is fast enough for it to hit the deer before they duck. I would make sure you practice from an elevated porch or stand on the back of a truck and practice a few times. Or you could get in a treestand and practice there.

I wouldn’t shouldn’t further than you’re comfortable with. My furthest shot is probably 50 yards. That crossbow is fast enough for it to hit the deer before they duck. I would make sure you practice from an elevated porch or stand on the back of a truck and practice a few times. Or you could get in a treestand and practice there.

Plan on hunting from a ground blind but point received. If I’m going to shoot from an elevated position I need to practice from one.

So I’m watching you tube videos and learning. Educate me ODT.

Do you aim a little low anticipating a deer to duck?
I’m planning on carrying cocked but not loaded unless I’m stalking. What day you?
What else do I need to know? Common rookie mistakes?

Crippen & his crossbow.jpg
:)

Plan on hunting from a ground blind but point received. If I’m going to shoot from an elevated position I need to practice from one.

There ya go Brother.
The only way to get a feel for shooting from heights.
Most of the time if the deer is 20 yards away or more you ahoot at point of impact.
Then they’re real close I tend to aim about 3” low but I will only attempt that shot with a spine or top neck shot.
I don’t wanna be injuring them.
One of my favorite shots was on a doe that was facing me , she kept putting her head down then looking up at me.
I wasn’t moving so she didn’t make me out but was curious.
I knew I had to do something fast if I wanted to take her home.
So when she lowered her head again I had one waiting at the base of the neck right between the shoulder blades.
She dropped like a ton of bricks and didn’t flinch.
You have a little wiggle room on such shots.
Broadside real close you have to aim to where you want the arrow to exit and think about whatnot hits passing through....this can get ugly and only one lung a deer....good luck finding a one lunger...they can run forever.

That’s a nice crossbow man.
I loved mine but I couldn’t stand the anti dryfire safety lever for decocking and flipping on fire....it was always in the way where the older ones has zero obstruction.
That’s my only
complaint.
If any issues whatsoever excalibur won’t ask you any questions....you have their product and the will
warranty it regardless how old or how many times it changed hands.
I have limbs being shippe from canada today cause one broke on me on my micro 355 yesterday...don’t know why but it broke while cocked and ruined my hunt.
I still love
excalibur.
Luckily my back up old faithful exomax just needed a string change and I put one on today after work.
Sighted it in at 20 yards and was hitting bullseye three consecutive times with no adjustments needed.
Friggin excalibur....what other bow can you chance a string. in the field and not have to adjust the scope to be dead nuts?
None.

That’s a nice crossbow man.
I loved mine but I couldn’t stand the anti dryfire safety lever for decocking and flipping on fire....it was always in the way where the older ones has zero obstruction.
That’s my only
complaint.
If any issues whatsoever excalibur won’t ask you any questions....you have their product and the will
warranty it regardless how old or how many times it changed hands.
I have limbs being shippe from canada today cause one broke on me on my micro 355 yesterday...don’t know why but it broke while cocked and ruined my hunt.
I still love
excalibur.
Luckily my back up old faithful exomax just needed a string change and I put one on today after work.
Sighted it in at 20 yards and was hitting bullseye three consecutive times with no adjustments needed.
Friggin excalibur....what other bow can you chance a string. in the field and not have to adjust the scope to be dead nuts?
None.

So do you zero at 20 yards. I took a couple practice shots from 40. I was off hand and wasn't really trying to zero just wanted to hit the block near center and see what it felt like to pull the trigger a couple times with the new toy. Was hoping to shoot for a half hour or so this evening but it doesn't look like I will be out of the office in time.

Back
Top Bottom