• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Georgia Corn laws??

Nope this horse will be beaten untile the end of time or people finally realize that complaining and argueing on forum's wont get them anywhere...

I don't argue to change the minds of those I'm arguing against. As you say, that will never get you anywhere. People are very often too stubborn to acknowledge a good point even when they are (rarely) made.

However, there may be someone just reading along that is undecided. The vigorous discussion here undoubtedly brings up points that they have not considered.

At least, that is my hope.

First let me make it clear that I am not anti-hunting, as I am a hunter myself. I have always believed that the purpose of a food plot was to increase the herd and the health of the herd. If we hunt over a baited field, why don't we just place a high fence around the herd and allow, say 30 minutes, of firing before we go in and claim our game. Over a food plot is not "huting" to me, just shooting. There are more deer in Ga. now than there was 200 hundred years ago and thats because of managing the herds. The support from hunters in taxes and fees is the reason why. Peta and all the other "anti pukes" contribute nothing. Sorry, I just get a little wound sometimes.

no sir your are incorrect, The Deer population is Georgia is very big because, The Native red wolf has gone extinct, The deers number one natural predator, The mountain lion population has gone to the brink of endangered.... I think the migration of Coyotes will be a good thing for Georgia. They will help cull the Deer and rodent populations.

I farmed with my Father in Law for years and I never heard of a farmer going broke over crop damage from deer and hogs. While I've seen damage that they can do, they are still controllable with Permitted Hunting in those circumstances even Night Hunting is allowed. I've seen Coyote's do more damage to watermelons than deer or hogs. I'll say it again, it's taking the skill, knowledge, sport out of hunting, and making it a City Folks Carnival Shooting Game out of it. And by the way this isn't TEXAS, SOUTH CAROLINA OR FLORIDA Thank GOD!

Its perfectly legal to hunt Wild boars in texas with no hunting license since its an invasive species. Just be glad we dont got 20 foot burmese pythons like they do n florida.

I agree ^^^. Just My Opinion. Might as well just make the season 24/7 + no rules = No Sport, or skill required. Hunting over Bait is only needed for lazy people. It's not Skilled Hunting in my book. And I' bet most of the idiots passing the bill have ever hunted or have a clue. What's next Night Hunting with Night Vision scopes.

You have the key word here. It's the mentality that is prevalent these days. Everybody wants everything conveniently right in front of them so they don't have to work for it. Pretty pathetic really.

you got it....

So? So it doesn't require a lot of skill? And? Bow hunters or black powder or handgun hunters may say the same about rifle hunters. Primitive hunters may say the same about all you guys. Stalkers may say the same about stand or hide hunting. Predator hunters may say the same about deer hunters.

And so on and so forth. People hunt for different reasons. Some for food, some for the challenge, some for whatever reason. That debate is endless and there are no right or wrong reasons. The question is whether somethin should be legal or illegal...and just because you don't think it takes as much skill doesn't mean it should be illegal. There may well be good reasons for keeping it illegal, but that's not one of them.

Well said Dunkel. I'm personally not in favor of baiting, but if someone wants to bait whatever they are hunting on their own land for whatever their reason is, I don't really care. That's their thing. Whether the reason the law is coming to fruition is due to property damage (State Farm reports 1.5 million auto accidents per year in the U.S.), general overpopulation causing malnutrition, or hunters needing an easier way give deer a hot dose of death.......THE LAW IS PROBABLY GOING PASS. Even if it doesn't there will always be hunters that bait deer illegally, spotlight, hunt out of season, poach, you name it.

Baiters will be happy that they can finally get their easy kills and the purists can be satisfied knowing that they worked a little harder for their big buck.

Back
Top Bottom