• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New gun bill sliding right under our nose!!!!!

Carry_on

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
19   0
Reaction score

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-10-16-16-27-23.png
    Capture+_2017-10-16-16-27-23.png
    110 KB · Views: 96
Definitely not new. A few threads when this bill was first introduced, probably not bad to refresh if anyone hasn't seen it though.

I saw an article somewhere saying this bill is basically already dead, that Paul Ryan isn't going to bring it to the floor for a vote and they want the ATF to regulate the stock under the current NFA laws which according to former ATF director they can't under the current framework. He had a bunch to say including the idea of making the bump fire stocks and binary triggers an amendment to the NFA.

It grabbed your attention and that was my intentions. We need to act now and not sit back and wait to see what happens.

We're pretty diligent when it comes to antigun bills popping up especially after a mass shooting no need to get anyone's attention with old information

Does BATF 2006-2 exercise jurisdiction over a resetting-trigger speed-em-up device?

If the NFA applies to one resetting-trigger speed-em-up device, does the NFA apply to all the resetting-trigger type speed-em-up devices?

Does BATF 2006-2 exercise jurisdiction over a resetting-trigger speed-em-up device?

If the NFA applies to one resetting-trigger speed-em-up device, does the NFA apply to all the resetting-trigger type speed-em-up devices?

There was talk that the SFS (Bump stock) should have been covered under 2006-2 but it wasn't. Doesn't mean they can't reverse it I guess since they did it to the Akins Accelerator. The difference between the SFS and the Accelerator though is the lack of any type of springs. Just my theory as to why it isn't covered. Also can't you lock the SFS to make it a fixed stock?

Back
Top Bottom