• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New gun range in Newnan? Aegis Range and Arms?

The post is back and alive. So, Leeboat your saying the range is going to happen this summer. Give us details. Oh welcome to the trader
Yes the range will be happening this summer. If we break ground in a couple of weeks we are told the build should take 4 to 6 months. The new shop will be called South Atlanta Gun Club. We do have a website and a facebook page up for the new shop and will be updating both of them as new things happen. HOPING to have this thing ready to go in August.

1/19/2013. Hello everyone. First ill start by saying I am a 15 year law enforcement vet. 12 years active SWAT and firearms instructor. I visited the new newnan gun range today. Now, I understand ammo is a little short right now and a lot of stores are jacking the ammo price up, taking advantage of people. I visited the range today so I could review them for my fellow officers and students that ask me all the time if its a good place to go. Within 3 min of being there I was sure I would never enter their doors again. They are quick to tell you they will not raise their ammo price! Sounds good right!? Lol. But they will only sell you the said ammo if you sign up with them and pay their high range price! Then you get the privilege to shoot said ammo. But don't try to leave with any! I can see limiting how much they sell to each person but to only sell if you spend a lot of extra money is no deferent the the jerks jacking up the price of ammo to make a fast buck. Now , could I have told him who I was and would that have made a deference? Yes it probably would have. But I was trying to see how they would treat Jane/John Doe citizen. I will not have anything to do with a business that is run by people that think this way. I unfortunately will not have anything good to tell my students about what could have been a good business addition to coweta county

I heard that they charge by the hour and really don't like people "Lounging around" I won't be setting foot in the place after reading your post K9duke...Thanks for the info

1/19/2013. Hello everyone. First ill start by saying I am a 15 year law enforcement vet. 12 years active SWAT and firearms instructor. I visited the new newnan gun range today. Now, I understand ammo is a little short right now and a lot of stores are jacking the ammo price up, taking advantage of people. I visited the range today so I could review them for my fellow officers and students that ask me all the time if its a good place to go. Within 3 min of being there I was sure I would never enter their doors again. They are quick to tell you they will not raise their ammo price! Sounds good right!? Lol. But they will only sell you the said ammo if you sign up with them and pay their high range price! Then you get the privilege to shoot said ammo. But don't try to leave with any! I can see limiting how much they sell to each person but to only sell if you spend a lot of extra money is no deferent the the jerks jacking up the price of ammo to make a fast buck. Now , could I have told him who I was and would that have made a deference? Yes it probably would have. But I was trying to see how they would treat Jane/John Doe citizen. I will not have anything to do with a business that is run by people that think this way. I unfortunately will not have anything good to tell my students about what could have been a good business addition to coweta county

Not sure if this is the new gun range that the OP is talking about...? Am I wrong?

It's now called Atlanta range and ordinance . It's off 34 bypass next to cycle city. I believe that is the one OP was talking about. But just in case I put up a new thread to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom