• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New Headlights

Be careful using sliver stars on a dodge/mopar vehicle if yours has the multi-function switch (controls headlights/fog lights/ interior dimmer/ turn signals all in one). The silver star lights pull to high of voltage through these multi-function than they can handle and will melt/catch fire to the wiring harness and wires inside the steering column cover.

I found this out the hard way. Dealer mechanic that is a personal friend informed me of this being a common problem with these switches and higher out put lighting. $250 fix just to go back to regular old bulbs.

Get the headlight buffing cream from Autozone... It really works and is a lot cheaper.

I have tried 4 different restoration kits and the only one that worked was the 3M kit in the clamshell package with black paper lining. If going this route you should know, the highest RPM drill you can get your hands on is a must.

My HID's were on a 2001 gsxr 1000. I paid over $200 for them. And yes they were in a reflected lens. While drivers may have been blinded, I was seen and I could see. As a side note mine had a high/low option.

My HID's were on a 2001 gsxr 1000. I paid over $200 for them. And yes they were in a reflected lens. While drivers may have been blinded, I was seen and I could see. As a side note mine had a high/low option.

I paid $80 for both of my 4300Ks in my GL1800, but took them out after I saw how much they were out of focus due to having reflector lenses. They did better in my BMW with projector lenses, but I realized that the HID kits have a longer length which causes the beam to be out of focus, even on halogen projectors.

No HID for me

While you're at it, make sure you put those HIDs in the reflector lenses with at least 18K-20K Kelvin output, that cool purple and pink light really helps see things 20' in front of you.....

Yeah... My first set is Bi-Xenon E46 from a BMW, which is retrofitted on my Z1000 motorcycle. My car is running a set from the Caddilac XLR.

Always use high quality projectors with the HIDs. You'll be out about $2-300, and a good day's worth of work retrofitting it and aiming it. But definitely worth it.

Back
Top Bottom