• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New Headlights

While drivers may have been blinded, I was seen and I could see.

6279882.jpg

What brand did you go with, tell me your secret, I got some Phillips and they aren't any better than my stock ones, my headlights suck .
Can HIR retrofits work for you? The filament stays in the same spot as halogen, so no blinding the other drivers. The only catch is that your headlight must have a built in bulb cap. I have been running Phillips HIR as DTRL for 2 year now.
HIR bulbs are not overdriven, like Ultras, so no damage to the wiring harness or switches.

Yeah, dead serious!! Call me an ass hole if you wish. But when I am on two wheels I don't care about anyone but myself.
When on two wheels its a life or death situation at every intersection and around every curve.
I spent many many miles (and years) on two wheels and the LAST thing I wanted was a blinded driver headed directly at me at high speed....
At NIGHT you are going to be seen from a mile away with even a modest light. I felt safter riding at NIGHT than during the day for that very reason.
Do you wear hi vis clothing during the day?

I spent many many miles (and years) on two wheels and the LAST thing I wanted was a blinded driver headed directly at me at high speed....
At NIGHT you are going to be seen from a mile away with even a modest light. I felt safter riding at NIGHT than during the day for that very reason.
Do you wear hi vis clothing during the day?
I would say no I don't During the day Just My black and white jacket with reflective stripes. Don't get me wrong I am not and inconsidterate rider. Ive had many problems with deer jumping out and that's why I went with the HID's. The regular bulbs didn't give enough light infront of me or to the sides. At 50mph I was over running my headlights. And while I had the HID's I never once was flashed telling me that my lights were too bright.

I would say no I don't During the day Just My black and white jacket with reflective stripes. Don't get me wrong I am not and inconsidterate rider. Ive had many problems with deer jumping out and that's why I went with the HID's. The regular bulbs didn't give enough light infront of me or to the sides. At 50mph I was over running my headlights. And while I had the HID's I never once was flashed telling me that my lights were too bright.
I'd ride with my stock halogens on hi in deer or other critter country at night and lowered them with approaching traffic. Just like I do in a cage. Never a problem, could see for a mile (ok not really but sure wouldn't out run them). "Blinding" oncoming drivers is never a good idea...
If visibility is REALLY the concern, the hi-vis yellow is the way to go in daytime (but I'm sure you know that).

I put a set of Ultra's in my 2012 Ram with the quad lenses and fogs. I've installed them before in past vehicles. They do the job. They do burn out faster than stock but it's well worth it. I did the whole HID kit thing and I personally don't care for them. My main reason is for seeing deer on the side of the road when deer season starts up and especially when the rut hits.

Back
Top Bottom