• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

new hunting regulations for Georgia not all good !

It's still 10 Does And two bucks.

Wish I could get more than two does per season let alone 10.
I'd stop at three and try for that big buck.....not for the antlers but for the meat baby.
That should hold the family
Over till Next season.

I think you are on to something, but we should make it kinder and gentler hunting.

We could hunt with drones armed with paintball guns. A righteous "SPLAT" on a deer would be a kill -- we could go back to the Indian custom of counting coup. Being as beef is cheaper than venison any way, we could celebrate with rib eyes all around. No blood, no fuss, no tracking. Treat deer as a renewable resource.

As fisherman like to point out, there is no C&R in hunting, but now we can introduce that to hunting. No longer would we as hunters have to deal with the internal conflict that we are always talking about improving the genes pool in the local deer herd, but every chance we get, we are removing the prime transmitter of those genes. It's like a cattle farmer who gets up first thing in the morning and goes out and shoots the herd bull.

Folks been using drones for hunting deer for a long time .

They call them trail cameras :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I just learned of some of the new regulations for the coming.next two years .The first one is going to hurt attendance of the youth hunts on wma hunts .They want to make it state wide that only the child can carry a gun and hunt .I.have taken many kids on these hunts and I always let the kids hunt first .I always back then.up in case they wound a deer or bear .I.just takes to a bunch of friends who said they will no longer be hunting on.these hunts if they can't take a gun also .The next bad thing was increased doe days .They want the doe days solid where I.hunt in.Morgan country from Nov 4 till Jan 24 the deer will be wiped out after two years of this .The coyotes and rem doe limit here are way too much on.this heard .I think the car insurance companies want the deer gone and this sent no longer has an interest in.The ones that pay their salaries ! You can take the done survey till midnight.tonight and tell them if you don't like their new regs .There are a bunch more that were not great either !
If an adult won't take a kid hunting because the adult can't hunt, then GOOD. That adult needs to stay home.
Your assertion about does being "wiped out" due to the change in doe days is ill informed. How many years was the limit in Alabama "one deer PER DAY", no limit. Seems the deer survived. "Doe days" are idiotic and I wish they'd eliminate them all together. What difference does it make if the less than 2 deer killed per hunter (according to WRD stats) die on a specific day? Where I hunt I'm granted two weekends, New Year's day and Thanksgiving week for does, that's it. WIth my schedule, I basically have 2 days to hunt does. Yet I'm literally covered up in them. I suppose I could take up archery hunting and shoot them for 4 months solid cuz you know, "archery killed deer are magic" and don't count like firearm killed deer apparently. :dizzy:

Every two years WRD gives people what they ask for and every two years people gripe.
Just go hunt.

Back
Top Bottom