• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New knife advice

ATLEMT

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
52   0
Reaction score
So I am thinking of picking up a new EDC picket knife.

I have it narrowed down to a kershaw cryo 2 or one of the kershaw/Emerson knives.

I like assisted opening but the wave feature Emerson seems kinda cool.

Anyone have any experience with either of these knives? They are basically the same price so that isn't a factor.

So many good edc knife choices. Type of blade steel is my main concern when getting one.

I'm pretty rough on my knives and have a good sharpening kit so I don't mind if I have to sharpen them from time to time.

I can't justify 100+ on a pocket knife when even my 22 year old swiss army knife technically does everything I need just fine.

I have a kershaw Leek with the speed assist…it isn't a pry bar but a good, lightweight pocket knife that rides deep in the pocket, hides easy and is unobtrusive, and is VERY handy….I have NUMEROUS folders including ZT, Benchmade, SOG, and others…but I have carried this little Kershaw for 2 years and it has served me well.

photo.jpg

I've held a number of cold steels and they are good knives. But I've yet to have a kershaw do me wrong.

Only way I won't buy another kershaw is for an OTF or fixed blades.

I have a kershaw Leek with the speed assist…it isn't a pry bar but a good, lightweight pocket knife that rides deep in the pocket, hides easy and is unobtrusive, and is VERY handy….I have NUMEROUS folders including ZT, Benchmade, SOG, and others…but I have carried this little Kershaw for 2 years and it has served me well.

View attachment 333270

I like the leek pretty good too

I am jealous of your fixed blades though.

I broke the tip off my leek doing something that I KNEW WAS gonna break it…I reprofiled it and kept using it…if I loose it I won't break the bank replacing it…

I love my fixed blades but there isn't a day that goes by that this little Leek doesn't see some kinda use…

but sense you mentioned some fixed blades…heres a few.

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

photo.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo copy.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

Back
Top Bottom