• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New knife advice

I've held a number of cold steels and they are good knives. But I've yet to have a kershaw do me wrong.

Only way I won't buy another kershaw is for an OTF or fixed blades.

I had carried Benchmades forever but was frustrated w/ their prices & inability to hold an edge relative to their price.
Other people like them & that is fine... I just had a bad experience over time personally.
A friend suggested I try some Kershaws. I was surprised & impressed w/ their overall attributes.
SOGs are pretty nice too.

I've been very happy w/ the Spydercos I've settled on but have to say the Kershaws are a pretty good cost to value.

At one time I had 4 Sebenzas but never could bring myself to use them & felt similar w/ some of the pricier Benchmades but have come around to the idea of some good quality, low priced Spydercos that I'm not afraid to abuse (if necessary) or am worried about replacing if they get lost.

Now I enjoy using them more w/o worrying about either issue.

Shaneadams I'm not going to say I hate you, but my bank account does. Hopefully by the end of next year I'll be able to get the three fixed blades I want.

Shaneadams I'm not going to say I hate you, but my bank account does. Hopefully by the end of next year I'll be able to get the three fixed blades I want.

What knives do you have your eyes on?

LoL…I should not have bragged…for what its worth…I'm 43 and have been collecting quality guns and knives since I was a kid…trying to do the same for my sons…

Here is a pic of my sons and their Scott Davidson (Solid Rock) customs…I love to give my sons gifts that will enhance the memories we make using them and then be able to pass on to their kids…Quality blades and guns are just such items that have the ability to be both tool and heirlooms.

IMG_5383.jpg

STUPID PHOTO UPLOADER!! foiled again!!

Another +1 on the Kershaw Leek for EDC. They're relatively inexpensive, lightweight, and low-profile (but still a useable length). I've been carrying one for a couple years now and haven't been able to convince myself I need anything else.

Get a liner lock model with aluminum scales. I have another Leek that's a frame lock with steel scales and I never carry it. The extra weight serves no purpose.

What knives do you have your eyes on?

LoL…I should not have bragged…for what its worth…I'm 43 and have been collecting quality guns and knives since I was a kid…trying to do the same for my sons…

Here is a pic of my sons and their Scott Davidson (Solid Rock) customs…I love to give my sons gifts that will enhance the memories we make using them and then be able to pass on to their kids…Quality blades and guns are just such items that have the ability to be both tool and heirlooms.

View attachment 333289

STUPID PHOTO UPLOADER!! foiled again!!

Looking at a eese-4 i believe its called, a karambit (spelling?), and probably something like a kabar or something to leave in my truck.

I picked up a Gerber hunting knife combo thingy with two knives that I like a lot, but I wouldn't want it for a survival knife or general use knife.

Just go get a Kershaw blur tanto, they're cheapish, great knives, and one of the fastest on the market

I had one and I loved it. Just thinking of trying something different. I've never had a Kershaw I didn't like so I figure why not try a new one

Looking at a eese-4 i believe its called, a karambit (spelling?), and probably something like a kabar or something to leave in my truck.

I picked up a Gerber hunting knife combo thingy with two knives that I like a lot, but I wouldn't want it for a survival knife or general use knife.

hard to beat an e4 for a good all around knife…

I have several karambit-style blades…very cool and nasty little defense blades...

Back
Top Bottom