• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New knife advice

What are your thoughts on it?

Surprisingly well built. I got them for kids because I knew they would love an automatic knife. All I've heard for two days is the "schoonk-schoonk" sound of these knives opening and closing. They are really sharp out of the box and a ton of fun. Not sure exactly what you use your knife for but at one-tenth the cost of the microtech that they are a knock-off of, they are hard to beat.

Surprisingly well built. I got them for kids because I knew they would love an automatic knife. All I've heard for two days is the "schoonk-schoonk" sound of these knives opening and closing. They are really sharp out of the box and a ton of fun. Not sure exactly what you use your knife for but at one-tenth the cost of the microtech that they are a knock-off of, they are hard to beat.

I may have to pick one up to beat on for a few months and see how it holds up

Funny you say that. I've seen a few debates about the 3 vs 4 when I've been doing some research.

It depends on what you are doing…if you are doing heavy bushcraft type stuff (lots of batoning of wood, shelter making, heavier use stuff for primitive camping) I prefer a 4 over the 3 (and a Laser Strike over that)…

however, if you need a good all around knife while tent camping, backpacking, etc….then the e3 is very nimble and a great knife.

A lot of people seem to shun the Laser Strike but I find that the added length of it over the 4, and the fact that it is far more usable than the e5 (which is piggish IMO) especially in more delicate work when you choke up on the choil….The spear point is nice too…plus it has the ferro rod and all in the handle which is a plus.

Lots of good options…if you are ever up this way (Dalton) let me know and you can handle a few of mine…..all of'm are great blades.

While I love my benchmade, I am also looking for another blade. I like the spring assisted ones and if Kershaw makes an inexpensive one.. I would be down.

And since I only have esee a bench made and a few from my boy scout days.... Good luck with the search, and let us know how you go.

Back
Top Bottom